ReadRange activity not reading information after certain row

Hello I’m trying to use ReadRange activity to retrive a information from a whole sheet from an .xlsx file.

Right now I’m facing an issue where the ReadRange activity (both using excel integration and workbook activities) only retrive information until row 62. I´ve tried copying the information to another file withouth formating and keeping only the raw data, just to see if the problem was the file but it keeps reading until row 62 after doing this. I’m certain it has no hidden or protected rows or sheets. I’ve also updated dependencies, tried reading the file in different computers and workflows and the result is the same. Also if I try to use a lookup range activity and search for a value beyond the row 62 it returns a null value. I’ve also tried reading other files and this problem is not showing up. I need the range to be set to read the whole sheet cause more information may be added in the future to this file. I cannot share a copy of this file cause it has sensitive information that cannot be shared.

Hi @Roberto_Montufar ,

Is there a blank row after row 62?

Kind Regards,
Ashwin A.K

No blank rows in the file all rows are full with info from the starting column A to the last column N only one of the rows has a couple of blank cells but it is the last very last one (228th row)

Roberto E. Montufar Aguilar

Hi @Roberto_Montufar

Can you check the Range of the Activity that you are use.

Regards
Gokul

Hi

Range is set to read the whole sheet (“”) so that if needed one can add more data to it without needing to modify the code. The file has only one sheet, being the first one.

Regards
Roberto Montufar

Hi @Roberto_Montufar ,

This indeed looks to be a strange issue.

This may be a bit obvious, but could you check the file name as well, to Check if there are any other files that has the 64 rows data.

And Could you try writing the data to a different file after reading the excel file, so that we can just check if it contains the same data as that of 228 rows of data ?

Yes I’ve already changed the file name and I’ve recently tried changing format from .xlsx to .xsl and .csv and I’m having the same results.

Using output data table activity I can only see till row 62 and as well as using write range to a file with a different name.

Roberto E. Montufar Aguilar

HI @Roberto_Montufar

Have check the row Count of the excel?

Try to use this delete icon

Regards
Gokul

Row count is 228 in excel but data table variable row count is 62

HI @Roberto_Montufar

Have looping through For Row in Data table Activity.

Check DT Name in that

Regards
Gokul

using for each row with a write line activity inside outputs 62 lines in output window.

Hi @Roberto_Montufar

This is looks strange thing.

Can you Downgrade the package or reinstall the package and check.

Create a new XAML workflow and check it.

Can you share the screenshot of the XAML file or share the XAML file

Regards
Gokul

I’m working on this project in two different machines the client’s which has studio 2020 version and on my personal laptop with studio 2021. I’m using nothing else than a excel application scope and a read range activities since I’m storing the info in a dt variable for later use on the wf. I’ve already reinstalled packages and updated dependencies on both devices. And I’ve also used different xaml files to verify this issue but the same output persist in both machines no matter the spreadsheet file format or the xaml files I use.