Reading value form excel column and write in another sheet

Attendance.xlsx (27.7 KB)

Please anyone assist me to do the automation in the attached example. I am new to uipath, here I want to read the data from status column in the attached excel and wherever the status is present, or leave and holiday, i want the respective date and count of number of present, leaves and holiday to be read and write in the update sheet in the same excel workbook in respective column in such a way that date is separated by comma as list in a single cell.

For example:

If status is Present then the present Date output should be 06-08-2019,07-08-2019 and same for others.respectively

Thanks

Hi @vidhan.rpa

Below is the workflow for the same. Just have a look.
MainPratik.xaml (14.4 KB)

Output :-

Mark as solution and like it :slight_smile:

Happy Automation :raised_hands:

Best Regards
Er Pratik Wavhal :robot::man_technologist:t4: :computer:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Pratik… Whatever I expected, you have given the same workflow. Once again thanks…

Hi Pratik, In addition to this can you please give me the workflow by adding where the status is blank the respective date will go to leave dates column. And there will be one more column as total working hour in the update sheet where I need the total working hours by substracting intime and outtime from sample sheet.

Hi @vidhan.rpa

You are welcome.
Will update you for the same but before that may i know the below statement in some detail or with some eg ??

And there will be one more column as total working hour in the update sheet where I need the total working hours by substracting intime and outtime from sample sheet.

Best Regards

Hi Pratik,

At the very first I would like to thanks a lot for giving your precious time to assist me on the workflow.

The work flow which you have provided to me is absolutely fine. But I need few additional help which is mentioned below.

In the attached excel there is a sample sheet where status column has various status.

Eg:1) My additional requirements are wherever status is present and compoff then calculate the working hours based on intime & outtime(let say if Intime is 9:00 AM, Outtime is 6:00 PM then the daily working hours will be 9 hours) like wise I want the total working hours of number of present and compoff to be printed in the update sheet in column name Total working hours.

1. Wherever status is holiday or blank then the respective dates to be printed in holiday column and holiday count in the respective column in the update sheet.(For this condtion no need to calculate Intime nd outtime)

Thanks,Attendance.xlsx (28.8 KB)
Vidhan

Hi @vidhan.rpa

And in below statement about the timings you are saying
So Should i have to consider the Present & Comp Off Status together for updating the Present Date & Present Count Column ??

My additional requirements are wherever status is present and compoff then calculate the working hours based on intime & outtime(let say if Intime is 9:00 AM, Outtime is 6:00 PM then the daily working hours will be 9 hours) like wise I want the total working hours of number of present and compoff to be printed in the update sheet in column name Total working hours.

So Without considering the the Comp Off Status with Present Status the output will be as below :-

And with Considering Comp Off Status the Count within the column “Present Count” will increase by 2 i.e 4 it will be and
Two more dates will also get add within column “Present Date” so der will be 4 dates as per the new Excel File provided by you

Previously you said that the Blank status must be consider with Leave status

And now you are saying blank status must be consider with Holiday status

May i know that the blank status must be consider with Leave status or Holiday status ??

Best Regards

Pratik,

Just consider blank status as same like holiday. Also in the out put file total working hours needs to be print for the present and conpoff working hours. Rest everything is fine.

thanks,
Vidhan

Hi @vidhan.rpa

Let me know is the output perfect for the given input as shown below so that without any more changes i can share the ready updated workflow

Input :-

Output :-

Best Regards

Pratik, The output is absolutely fine. You can proceed for the same. Thank you very much…

Hi @vidhan.rpa

Below is the workflow for the same

UpdatedMain.xaml (21.7 KB)
Attendance.xlsx (29.2 KB)

Mark as solution and like it :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thanks Pratik, you have spent your precious time to assist me. Thank You very much.
If you don’t mind in future if I need any help then I will directly approach you…

Hi @vidhan.rpa

Hey bro.
Nothing like that.
You are welcome and Its my pleasure.

And we all are here to help you all only those who need some help.
Here many more are der to help and expert also more than me.
I am also still on learning phase.
I come here on Forum to learn new things and sometimes to solve others problems too.
So it depends i am available der or not. It shouldn’t happen that you direct approach me n i am not available der. So dependency must not be der bcz time is also more imp. Thats why :innocent:
So instead direct approach it will be best if you post directly on forum.
My approach of solving query will be different and some other may be different so may be sometimes some others solution may be more efficient than me.
So it will benefit you only to learn many more ways to solve any query.
Its nothing like that i am saying dont ask directly to me but for your growth of knowledge i am saying nothing else.
I am always fine n will be der to solve issue if i am aware of that.

Best Regards

Sure, thats great suggestion…Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.