Read Word Document with Bullet point values

Hi,

I am trying to read a word document using Word Application Scope, in that document we have multiple headers with numbered bullet points. As part the process we need to get the numbers as well. But in UiPath using Word Read Text Activity we are not able to get the bullet point numbers. Any other workaround or solution to over come this issue.

@loginerror, Please help on this.

2 Likes

Hi @sarathi125

Could you share the result you are currently getting?

@loginerror,

I am sharing a sample document with a sample workflow where I am facing the same issue.
Due to data privacy policy I am not able to share the original document here.

Output string:

“I am trying to read a word document using Word Application Scope, in that document we have multiple headers with numbered bullet points. As part the process we need to get the numbers as well. But in UiPath using Word Read Text Activity we are not able to get the bullet point numbers. Any other workaround or solution to over come this issue.\rBuyer\rBuyer information will go here\rSeller\rSeller information\rPayment\rPayment information \r”

Doc_Bullet_Check.docx (14.0 KB) Read_Doc_Bullet.xaml (5.2 KB)

1 Like

I gave it a go and it looks like it is indeed not currently supported. The only workaround I came up with is to save the document to a PDF and then extract from there. It seems to be working, but you get some unwanted line breaks you would have to handle:

I will save your suggestion as an improvement to our Word activity package.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

this is fixed now and will work in the following community release

2 Likes

Hello - When will the following community release drop?

1 Like

The fix is already available in the latest Word activity package 1.5.0-preview