Read + footers + word document

I need help in reading all the footers in a word document. I have about 100 pages in this document.

I need to read the footers to get the text and the page numbers so that I can extract some specific pages out and read it.

@ppr @supermanPunch @Yoichi

Hello, @Sairam_RPA - Here’s an easy way to accomplish that with a package from Marketplace: Easy Word Activities - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace

It can read header/footer data. You just need to add it using the Package Manager.

I tried that but it does not work.

@Sairam_RPA

I beleive read text activity in the word activities ahould be able to get the header and footer values as well…did you happen to try the same

Package - UiPath.word.activities

Cheers

I only need the footer’s not the entire text. I have to scan about 100 - 500 pages. So scanning the footer first and then only reading that specific page would be helpful for my use case.

@Sairam_RPA

Then you can first read the inital few pges to get the first page number from there evrything will be sequencial so…the page numbers can be calculated
Cheers

I did not understand what you are saying. You mean I have to read every page in a sequential order ?

@Sairam_RPA

May I know how are you planning to read only specific page from the word document?

cheers

I was able to solve the issue.

I read the table of contents section and read the page numbers from there.

Converted the word to pdf and extracted those page out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.