"Read Range" from an excel sheet is returning non-string values into a datatable

Hey all,

Currently working on a process that will read an excel range and convert it into a data table using the read range activity. The issue is that it’s returning numbers, dates, etc… when I need only strings. There doesn’t seem to be anything in the properties to create a data table of only strings.

Is there a way to convert a datatable with many different types, into the same data table with only string types.

Hi @David_Hernandez2 ,

Check this below link,

Hope this may help you :slight_smile:

That seems to just be converting the data table into a string at the end, I need to keep the end value as a data table.

Hi @David_Hernandez2 ,

Could you maybe explain with an Example data ?

This way we would be able to understand what exactly is the requirement needed.

Provide the data below in order for us to help you better :

1. Input Data (Sample)
  2. Operation that needs to be performed
  3. Expected Output data.

@David_Hernandez2

Try usinf display value setting…mostly you wpuld get string only on all columns

Cheers

Hi @David_Hernandez2 ,

Check this sample workflow attached below to change the all column types to string and values,
Uipath_ChangeColumnTypes.xaml (10.6 KB)

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi @David_Hernandez2 My understanding was, you are reading the data from an excel to data table.But, the output was not the same as the input. If this is the case try below steps

• If you are using classic activities, then select the Preserve Format property of Read Range activity

Capture

• If you are using Modern Activities, then set the Read Formatting value to Default

Capture1

Correct me if my understanding was incorrect

Novigo Solutions - Change All DataColumns Datatype to String - RPA Component | UiPath Marketplace

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.