Re-framework applicability and usage

Hello guys,

As a RPA developer, almost each one of us face a dilemma on whether to use re-framework or not whenever we are in the process of designing solutions for various problem statements.

I go through this dilemma every now and then. I even used to think this framework is only meant to be used for scenarios having orchestrator queues but that’s not the case.

So I thought of sharing this with all of you.

Re-framework can be used for
:heavy_minus_sign: repetitive process scenarios where orchestrator queues are required to be used
:heavy_minus_sign: repetitive process scenarios where instead of queues, data table is to be used to loop through items
:heavy_minus_sign: linear processes by doing few customizations to the framework

For scenario 1 - “repetitive process scenarios where orchestrator queues are required to be used”
Refer below re-framework documentation, this provides a detailed insight on how this framework can be utilized.
REFramework documentation.pdf (507.8 KB)

For scenario 2 - “repetitive process scenarios where instead of queues, data table is to be used to loop through items”
Refer below project sample and read me file to know what changes are required to be done to loop through datatable instead of queues:
Changes for Re-framework(without queues).txt (1.0 KB)
ReFrameWork-WithoutQueues-main.zip (971.0 KB)

For scenario 3 - “linear processes by doing few customizations to the framework”
Refer below video and ppt(in a zip file) for changes required in the framework:

Processing: Use Re Framework for Linear Process.pptx…
Use Re Framework for Linear Process.zip (377.1 KB)

To conclude, I would say…
Re-framework can be leveraged for linear as well as repetitive processes looping through either orchestrator queue items or data table rows.

Hope you find this info useful.

Regards
Sonali

8 Likes

RE Framework takes simple automations and makes them complicated. It is overused IMO.

I agree completely. Our clients don’t typically invest in orchestrator, so we use a modified version that relies on datatables/datarow objects instead of queues, similar to what’s described.

The pre-build error handling saves significant dev time, allowing our projects to be completed faster and more reliably.

1 Like

Hi @Greg_Jacobson,

It does indeed.

Utilizing Reframework and customizing it per your requirements does save a lot of time which otherwise would be spent in error handling and modularization.

It also helps achieving standard coding/designing practices across different development projects which otherwise would be very difficult if everyone is following their own way of structuring different modules in the process.

Regards
Sonali