Process seemingly just stopped in the middle of the job?

Hi,

I am using UiPath for one of my clients where the process I developed seemingly stopped for no reason, holding the robot occupied until I killed the job.

Here’s some printscreens showing the last log, and when the process stopped (manually):

The “GetExcelData” does not contain any action which would make it stuck. It simply contains reading excel data in an excel application scope.

Does anyone have any idea what has happened? And how can I ensure that it wont happen again?

Many thanks!

Hi @henry.wang ,

I believe you wanted to mention it as Stuck instead of Stopped ?

If the Process got stuck at the part where the Excel application Scope is being used, it is also worth checking by running the process manually and observing the execution.

There could be many reasons that it might happens, Some of the reasons are below :

1. The Excel has a data link which when tried to open by the Robot, couldn’t find or there was a pop-up from excel which holds the Robot in a Stuck State.
  2. Excel would ask for a Sign-In Option as a pop-up if the One-Drive might have been used to place the files.

Check the execution manually and you should be able to understand if the above is the reason the Robot gets stuck at the Excel part.

@henry.wang
Just today it happned with me. i noticed that when you use excel scope and activities inside that and any chance you minimises the screen of using server it may be remote desktop if you minimise it from your desktop it stucks, or computer sleeps bot is occupied but not stops i think this was the reason. but in my case i provided another send keystrok activity thats why it expired in 30 sec but in excel read range there is no timeout that may be reason.

Thanks

I have run the automation manually, and also for about 100+ hours already. Most of the time it works fine, so it’s really hard for me to find the issue for when the error occured this one time.

Do you have any suggestions how to proceed with this?

Hmm not sure I entirely understand your point. Do you suggest I remove the keystrokes?

@henry.wang

For few runs try setting excel visible property to true and check…Then if it is stuck…do not stop and open the vdi and check if the excel has any pop ups…you can disable them and see…

Also its worth checking the event logs from the VM to check if any errors

cheers

Hi @henry.wang ,

Use workbook read range instead of Excel scope.