Problem deploying unattended automation

In a production environment with studio/orchestrator/unattended machines I have several complex automations running like clockwork for a long time.

Recently, I upgraded studio and robots to 2023.4.1 and created an automation with the new ui activities. It runs fine on the dev machine, publishes on orchestrator without issues, but when it runs unattended I get the error “Could not find a part of the path ‘[…].nuget\packages\test\1.0.2\lib\net45\project.json’.”

When I check the relevant area in the bot runner vm, the lib folder only contains a ‘net6.0-windows7.0’ folder, as opposed to previous scripts (that work) that contain a ‘net45’ folder.

Despite searching for hours, I haven’t managed to find something. Is it a classic folders issue?

@Chris_Paliogiorgos

Welcome to the community

1. Is the process created in windows or windows legacy compatibility?
  2. Net45 comes when created in windows legacy only
  3. Is the compatibility identified properly in the orchestrator?
  4. This can be found when creating process …it would show the compatibility of the package

Cheers

Hello, thanks for having a look :slight_smile:)

Process is created in windows compatibility only. Orchestratror is a few versions behind the studio/robots (I think 2021 version) and I can’t see any place in machine/robot/process registration to identify published process compatibilty.

Do I need to upgrade orchestrator or there is a workaround?

Hey,

Can you try to publish it to local folder path and then upload to orchestrator and then run?
If problem still persists, since there is a version difference between Orch, studio and bots, i would recommend you copy the packages form nuget folder and paste it into the runner machine at the same location.

Thanks.

Hi @Chris_Paliogiorgos

The error message you’re encountering suggests that there might be an issue with the target framework of your project and the compatibility of the referenced packages.

The “Could not find a part of the path” error typically occurs when a required file or folder is missing or inaccessible. In this case, it seems to be related to the project.json file under the net45 folder.

Thanks!

I’ve resolved the issue by upgrading orchestrator to the current version and losing some sleep over migrating everything to modern folders. I tried several other workarounds but they didn’t seem to work.

Thanks for the comments, they were very hepful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.