PowerBuilder automation

Hi all,

Need to automate a process in PowerBuilder (PB version is 12.6; using DB SQLAnywhere 12.0.1), and cannot “Set Text” in a text box of the following form:

a) UI Explorer: try to review the Selector info, but Ui Explorer seems to continuously work and the PowerBuilder app is not responding (if you open Task Manager – Processes)
b) after a few minutes, I get the following error:

c) if I simply use “Set Text” activity (validation is ok; highlight element from Selector option is also ok), when running the process, I get the following error:

Error {“message”:“Set Text ‘editable text’: The target Element was not specified for this activity. You should set its Target property or use this activity inside of a scope activity (Attach Browser, Open Browser, Open Application, Attach Window, Get Active Window, Element Scope activities).”,“level”:“Error”,“logType”:“Default”,“timeStamp”:“2019-12-13T09:34:25.8604386+02:00”,“fingerprint”:“ffcc2279-2b97-4474-86e5-553053adec26”,“windowsIdentity”:"

*Questions:

• are there any special tricks for PowerBuilder?
  • how could I possibly overcome the above error?

Hi @nikosan!
First, check if you are running your activities inside an attach window indicating the window you are inserting data.

As a matter of fact, I do:

Question: should I select the master or child window? in addition, I can click on a button but not “set text”.

hi @nikosan
use attach windows selecting the master window, it should work, if it still doesn’t work, try to use the computer vision activities to detect the correct labels, and use that activities, maybe it would be a better solution.
Regards!

Hi,

Attach Window didn’t work. I’ve requested for access to CV activities.

thank you
Nikos

yes, or in the worst case use citrix automation, any issue consult me.
Good luck

Does UIPath supports Power Builder forms or not ?