How can I connect UIPath to a Postgresql database?
Step by step guide
- Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below to download and install and PostgreSQL.
- Please download the 32-bit version of PostgreSQL Windows Installer.
- Install PostgreSQL.
- Verify the installation
Please follow the steps below:-
- Install PostgreSQL driver (32-bit) from the following link Link. Navigate to the link and click on “ PostgreSQL download site ” to open the download page. Then select the “ MSI ” from the directories section and then select “ psqlodbc_09_05_0400-x86.zip ” or any respective 32-bit driver.
- Now, Create and configure the DNS using ODBC driver with PostgreSQL driver
- In windows, search for “ ODBC Data Sources (32-bit) ” and open it.
- In the “ User DSN ” tab click on the “ Add New ” button.
- Select “ PostgreSQL Unicode ” and click on “ Finish ”.
- A new Configuration window will appear. So you need to fill in the required details into it and then test if your connection is successful.
Once the connection is successful you can go ahead and use PostgreSQL with UiPath.
- Open UiPath Studio and drag a “ Connect ” activity from Database Package.
- Click on “ Connection Wizard ” and select the “ Microsoft ODBC Data Source ” and then click “ OK ”
- In the “ Data Source Specification ” select the “ Use user or system data source name ” and from the drop-down select the recently created DSN source.
- Enter the “ User Name ”, “ Password ” and then test your connection.
- Once the connection is successful you can go ahead and use the PostgreSQL Database with UiPath.