PDF Partial Selectors

I’m having some trouble setting partial selectors when reading ‘Get Text’ in PDF files.

The selector seems to indicate the references to the text is reading and I can not manage to amend it to make it work.

For example, the following selectors from two different files

<wnd app='acrord32.exe' cls='AcrobatSDIWindow' title='document n. 7117143908.pdf - Adobe Reader' />
<wnd cls='AVL_AVView' title='AVPageView' />
<ctrl name='7117143908 09/06/2017 1/1   ' role='text' />

<wnd app='acrord32.exe' cls='AcrobatSDIWindow' title='document n. 7117143909.pdf - Adobe Reader' />
<ctrl name='7117143909 09/06/2017 1/1   ' role='text' />

Which I tried to modify as

<wnd app='acrord32.exe' cls='AcrobatSDIWindow' title='document n. *.pdf - Adobe Reader' />
<ctrl name='*' role='text' />

and

<wnd app='acrord32.exe' cls='AcrobatSDIWindow' title='document n. *.pdf - Adobe Reader' />
<ctrl role='text' idx='2' />

but I keep getting an error saying that it can not find the selector

Any ideas on how I can set it up properly?

Sample processMain.xaml (30.0 KB)

Sample invoices available privatelly

selrac.xaml (6.7 KB)

It doesn’t seem to work :cry:

It doesn’t find the Invoice element. I have the file open when running the xaml

I see in UiExplorer the anchor you have selected

What I found strange is that if I select the full selector as the ‘find element’ it still doesn’t work

Try attach live element and select invoice

This is not the selector for Invoice, and the below selector will not exist in Get Text as well since its anchor based.

it should have name=“Invoice” etc selector

For element found, indicate on screen and select Invoice element. Now open the 2nd document of same template, open UiExplorer of Get Text>Cick Attach Live element and try for 3rd file now.

I managed to make it work

The problem was the selector

title='document n. *.pdf - Adobe Reader'

vs

title='document n. *.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC'

I must of been too sleepy yesterday to see it.

The important thing is that I managed to put it together and it works!!

Thanks very much for the help on this issue. I can see how how to make it work with the anchors.

Best regards,

c.

I’m also facing same problem, could you please elaborate on below

how did you put together.

@karunakart, the problem I had was that the selector was not correct as I’ve indicated below:

I have resolved this problem by using regular expression in name. Guess you might have done same. Thanks

Hello, i need help in selectors, iam trying extract text from a pdf file , i am not getting the selector please resolve this problem
iam not getting the ANCHOR BASE get text , and variable is not creating by itself.

try this

Hi @vvaidya

I am using anchor to read data from pdf but i get this as a output.
Its not showing the correct value as output.
Output

Hi Shaista: I am also getting the same “1/1” or blank in message box … how did u solve your problem? Stuck!

Try using Get Full text activity and drag it in the area you want to fetch.