Passed UiADP Second Time Around

So, about two weeks ago I took the new UiADP exam and bombed. For context, I’ve been working as a developer for nearly 6 years now and went in to it thinking I would have the knowledge to pass without too much studying. I skimmed the Academy and briefly watched some YouTube videos, but that was it. I was humbled.

I went back and re-watched the Academy, including sections I had skipped because “I know this already.” I printed the REFramework documentation and reviewed it daily, as well as bookmarking all of the documentation referenced in Academy and reviewing it most days, then taking detailed notes a few days prior so I would commit to memory.

Some questions definitely repeated from the previous exam. This time I may have gotten easier questions or just knew the material inside and out from my two weeks of intense studying because I breezed through the exam in about 30 minutes.

I highly recommend you go through things even if you think you know them already. Some of the questions on the exams are things I don’t think most people would need to know just off the top of their heads (that is what documentation is for, after all) and so reviewing the official documentation really helped me memorize some of the more obscure things (permissions, folders, etc.) that I don’t deal with on a daily basis.

I still stink at LINQ and some DateTime manipulation stuff but I scored 90%+ on the other sections. I can always look up what LINQ function to use though if I need it. :rofl:

Best of luck to those planning to take it soon!

4 Likes