Outlook Popup comes up everytime UIPath accesses Outlook

Outlook launches a popup every time UIPath accesses Outlook.

Popup message : “A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date.”
Could someone help me mitigate this without changing the antivirus settings.

Regards,
Marsh Alphonso

2 Likes

This is one of the settings in outlook. If you cannot modify the settings, Use “On Element Appears” activity to automatically click on Allow Button.

Last one should be checked to prevent this pop up

4 Likes

I was looking for this as well thank you …

Thanks. Info about how to change the settings can be found here:

3 Likes

Perfect Thanks!

It might be that your antivirus is outdated. Update your antivirus and the popup message will disappear.

I know this is an old post but wanted to propose another solution to this potential prompt.

When sending mail via the “Send Outlook Message” Activity there is a chance you will get this prompt and have to deal with it.

You can avoid this prompt from coming up at all by using the “Send Exchange Mail Message” Activity instead.

Sending your emails out using this activity avoids/bypasses this prompt all together. :grinning:
Happy Coding…

1 Like

Hi, @david.kameka and everyone.
Is this the case for using “Get Exchange Mail Messages” vs. “Get Outlook Mail Messages”?
We were using “Get Outlook Mail Messages” without any issue the last couple of weeks. Then, this morning we ran a process, and the message decribed above started to pop up. We checked if we could change the Programmatic Access settings, but we could not. I’m not sure why we’re getting the message anyway since it shows “Antivirus: valid” on the screen.

1 Like

Talk to your network/security administrators. They must have changed a group policy that affects that setting.