Can I know the exact difference between using outlook mail and exchange mail,And when which is recommended to use.
Basically, MS exchange is a software that operates on server whereas Microsoft Outlook is the desktop email client . Using an Outlook, users can retrieve their emails from their Exchange Server. Both these applications work together ie. one works at the server side and the other as a desktop/client side app.
Please find more details about uipath exchange mail activities and outlook mail activities below.
Exchange mail activities -
- These activities enable you to establish a connection with exchange mail server and perform various tasks within it, such as deleting, retrieving, moving or sending mail messages in a single run.
- In order to use these activities, you must provide Exchange server details.
- Following Exchange mail activities are available in UiPath studio :-
- Exchange scope
- Get Exchange Mail Messages
- Send Exchange Mail Message
- Move Exchange Mail Message
- Delete Exchange Mail Message
- You can get more details about UiPath exchange activities at below link https://activities.uipath.com/docs/exchange-scope
Outlook mail activities -
- These activities are used to interact with outlook application that is installed on your machine.
- In order to use these activities, Outlook application must be installed on your machine.
- Following Outlook mail activities are available in UiPath studio :-
- Get Outlook Mail Messages
- Move Outlook Mail Message
- Send Outlook Mail Message
- You can get more details about UiPath exchange activities at below link https://activities.uipath.com/docs/get-outlook-mail-messages