Orchestrator Manager, unable to get Libraries and Packages

Hi @qbrandon ,
reopend the question, for better collaboration in forum.

I’m, for example, able to receive Users, Maschines…
But i’m not able to fetch Package and Library information. Always getting “There was an execution error. please check Logs”.

Yeah, but no logfile is written in the “Logs” folder in my workspace folder.

I delete the “Logs” Folder, and retry the step. The OM recreats the Logs Folder but nothing is written in.

This is in attended mode.

If i’m running OM in Studio, the internal Output shows:

“message”: “There was an execution error: Failed to process entity. \nRequest status: 400 / Response: {"message":"A value is required but was not present in the request.","errorCode":0,"resourceIds":null}. at Invoke PackageLibraryManager Workflow (Library): Invoke GetPackagesLibrariesData Workflow (Get Packages/Libraries): Invoke MakeGetRequest Workflow (Get Packages/Libraries): Invoke MakeHTTPRequest Workflow: Throw (Process Entity Failure).”,

I’m on onPrem 2020.4.3

Thank you for you help.
Regards
Manuel

Thank you for reaching out.
The logs you mention from Studio is the right one to look at.
I now need to reproduce the conditions that resulted in the error for you.
Are you using multiple folders? classic/modern?

Hi Quentin, we only use modern folders.
We began with 2019, an the recommendation was to only use modern folders.
(But Libarys and Packages are not stored in folders in our version. I think this is possible from 2020.10. )

Regards
Manuel

1 Like

Hi Manuel,
Sorry for taking so long, I still need to deploy a VM with 20.4.3 to reproduce this, which I plan to do some time Friday :crossed_fingers:
Will let you know as soon as I have any update.

Hello, I applied a small modification to this file, can you please try with this version?GetPackagesLibrariesData.xaml (23.4 KB)

Hi Quentin,
got a little error in the new file.
There’s a problem with the “If ODataFilter.IsNullOrEmpty” condititon.

Entities/PackagesLibraries/GetPackagesLibrariesData.xaml: Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression “ODataFilter.IsNullOrEmpty”.
Argument not specified for parameter ‘value’ of ‘Public Shared Function IsNullOrEmpty(value As String) As Boolean’.
Entities/PackagesLibraries/GetPackagesLibrariesData.xaml: Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression “ODataFilter.IsNullOrEmpty”.
Argument not specified for parameter ‘value’ of ‘Public Shared Function IsNullOrEmpty(value As String) As Boolean’.

Regards
Manuel

Apologies, used a shortcut syntax that apparently does not work in 20.4.
Attempt number 2: GetPackagesLibrariesData.xaml (23.1 KB)

I am experiencing the same issue; it wont create any log file either.
Using orchestrator 2020.4.4

we are having same issue with orchestrator manager (2020.4) when attempting to get packages. I down loaded and replaced xaml you provided, but still received the following error:

02/05/2021 09:41:13 => [Debug] Debug started for file: Main
02/05/2021 09:41:14 => [Info] OrchestratorManager execution started
02/05/2021 09:41:30 => [Debug] Entity: Package - Operation: Get
02/05/2021 09:41:34 => [Error] Throw (Process Entity Failure): Failed to process entity.
Request status: 400 / Response: {“message”:“A value is required but was not present in the request.”,“errorCode”:0,“resourceIds”:null}.

Hello, and sorry for the long silence (my team has had its hands full as of late)
I wanted to let you know that more people have offered to help with the maintenance of the OrchestratorManager so in order to make it easier, we have decided to make the code repository public.
I have also created an issue to track the error reported in this thread, please feel free to add information and/or findings if you would like to:

Hello, just FYI we have pushed a 2.1.4 version out yesterday that should address this issue.
Please have a look and let us know if you are still observing unexpected behavior.

Since there are no further feedback, I will assume the issue has been resolved with 2.1.4
Thank you all for reaching out.