Open Specific Word Document

I need to open existing word document.

then i need to click on mailings tab.

• How to open Existing word document?

@Sneha_Ambulkar Use “Attach window” activity then make some changes in the selector.

1 Like

So where should i keep that word document file?

Hi
we can use START PROCESS activity and pass the file path of word document as input to filename property
and we can use CLICK IMAGE or CLICK activity to click on the tab

Cheers @Sneha_Ambulkar

2 Likes

Hello,
Use Start Process Activity and Mention the complete path with file name extransion
then use click activity and select Mailing or use send hot key activity use Alt+M

Cheers @Sneha_Ambulkar

Hi,

Start process activity Giving an error: Start Process: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

1 Like

may i know what was mentioned in the FILENAME property of START PROCESS if possible with a screenshot
@Sneha_Ambulkar

Cheers @Sneha_Ambulkar
use this

start

sorry buddy
i m not able to see the file extension
can i have the value passed as input
@Sneha_Ambulkar

My problem is solved.

awesome @Sneha_Ambulkar

How to open existing word document?

and i need to click on mailing tab

How can i do this?

Hi
we can use START PROCESS activity and pass the file path of word document as input to filename property
and we can use CLICK IMAGE or CLICK activity to click on the tab

@Sneha_Ambulkar

1 Like

We can use word application scope Activity for operating Word. or if you want to open simply then you can use Open Application Activity

@Sneha_Ambulkar

As @Palaniyappan said, you can using the “Start Process” activity to open word document and perform the automation on it.

Also, if you are wondering if there are activities specifically for the Word document, you can try finding relevant entities on the UiPath Go which is a market place for custom created activities.

If you dont choose to explore UiPath Go for now, you can proceed with the UI based automation on the word document.

Hope this information helps. Kindly mark as solution if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
@hacky