OCR Data From Image

Hi ,

I am Trying to get data from an Image The data in the image is in the form of columns,
The first and the second column is Scanned data and the third column is the handwritten data

I tried to get the data by OCR engines and tried all the engines available in Uipath but unable to get the handwritten data Accuately.

Can anyone suggest the way how to get handwritten data from the image accurately and sequentially.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd Zaid.

1 Like

If you are willing to write a piece of code in python, use PyTesseract which will give you some better results @MohdZaid

Here is the reference link

Can you please help me in integrating the python code with uipath ? @HareeshMR

Thanks,
zaid.

Yeah sure @MohdZaid

Here are the steps to follow :

1. Install UiPath.Python.Activities package and
  2. Drag Python scope and provide the python path of your local and select the python version
  3. then drag Invoke python method and and provide the params required
  4. Get python object to get the result from the code

Here is the sample code and screenshot of the order

PyhtonCode.zip (3.2 KB)

Can you please show the image from which you extracted the data and the data which you get in finaloutput variable so that we can identify what we are getting from the Image.

Regards,
zaid.

That I snipped from a web application which is a time sheet. It has some sensitive info and it was not a handwritten text. But for sure, Python will you better results

Thank you for the help @HareeshMR
i will try this and will update if it works .

Hi @HareeshMR

When i am trying to load python script it is not working because it is giving error to load python script name “ReadScreenFieldglass.py”

Can you please look into it and provide some solution ?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd Zaid

This is the file name of my python code which is stored in the same folder where the UiPath workflow is located. You need to change the name of the file with the name you have saved

yes i am using exactly the same

thanks

Can you please post the exact error you are getting?

Hi @HareeshMR

In the above image attached i want to Extract (id) column ,(name) column and (score) column values sequentially and accurately.

Thanks
Zaid.

Thats entirely based on the writing @MohdZaid, It won’t recognize the exact values in the printed screenshot or the image. Have you tried with the code above? Is it giving better results?

Even any OCR won’t give you exact results. Here the clarity or resolution of the image is also important

Hey Hareesh,

I’m trying out your posted .xaml project, and getting this error

I downloaded Python 3.8.2 (tags/v3.8.2:7b3ab59, Feb 25 2020, 23:03:10) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Im running Intel tough.

Appreciate your help :slight_smile:

You need to run the python code file which is there in your local. I gave the path of my file there. And UiPath won’t support the python version 3.8 (I’m not sure, if this version is available in the drop down of properties of Python scope, you can use), please try with 3.6

Thank for helping out :slight_smile:

Installed Python 3.6.6 (v3.6.6:4cf1f54eb7, Jun 27 2018, 03:37:03) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

I’ve createde path in enviroment

And changed the paths inside ReadScreenPlanview.py

If i try to run the ReadScreenPlanview.py nothing happens.

Am i right that i can ignore the other .py file in python folder ?

Sorry forgot to use “reply” :slight_smile:

do we have any version of same code that support Python 3.8

I recommend using Google Cloud Vision OCR. You will need to create an API Key in your Google Account. First thousand pages are free of charge.

Hope it helps!

1 Like