"Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Error

Hi
I’m really not clear about the orchestrator, as just started to rebuild my local program under the environment.
I’ve just run my program with the orchestrator, which worked perfectly on my local, but doesn’t work with that.
And found much error log, mostly announced as “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

Should i rebuild my local cord to adopt the orchestrator or change some configuration?
Would someone pls advise me to adopt local code to the orchestrator enviroment generally.

thx

Hi

If your code is working on your local machine without any issue, it should be fine… We don’t really need to do any changes to run it via the orchestrator. The best way to troubleshoot is,

Try executing the code in your local machine again, but in debug mode, step by step. use some breakpoints to pause the execution at some point. Then do a step by step execution until the entire program comes to an end. This way, if it throws such an error, you will be able to locate from where it is occurring and why…

Let me know how it goes

1 Like

Hi Lahiru.Fernando
Thanks for your comment!
I’m wondering why it does’nt work with orchestrator but works locally…
Now I will try step by step using brake points and find issues respectively.
Pls let me ask if I found further problem.

thx a lot!

Refer the below link

Thanks for your comment,

I’m sorry but what does the “tenant” noted in the comment as below in the post
actually mean?

“Latest update… It got solved when I created another tenant.
Thanks a lot though.”

Hi @ryoryo

At the time you registered to the orchestrator, there is a link where you should create a tenant for your self. It’s more like a separate work environment for you…

You can try this as well… this is where you create the new tenant

Hi @Lahiru.Fernando

Thx it becomes clear, I’ll try it!
thanks for your corporation

1 Like

Hi, Im now debugging my code step by step under orchestrator environment, and found some program work with “flowchart” but doesn’t work with “sequence”.Is “sequence” blocking logic is not permitted under orchestrator generally ? Actually, when running code with using “sequence”, the error above noted.
I could not found such a specification in their documents…

That shouldn’t be as far as i know.

Usually flowcharts are used for working on business logic with decision node as you may know already. But still, you can add sequence activities within flowchart activities to perform various sequential activities… Wonder why that’s happening…

However, still if it’s working under flowchart activity, you can use it without any issue…

Let me know if you need any further support it this… would be glad to help :slight_smile:

Thanks for helpful comment!
I will try different approach or investigate configuration of orchestrator.
If have further question, let me ask here again.
Really thanks for your corporation and kindness.

1 Like

No worries… we are always here to help & learn :slight_smile:

Hi this must be configuration issue i guess… as i ignored whole program and
added writeline “brake” at the initial line and run through orchestrator, but it doesn’t work and Job detrails announced as follows:

• Process: hogehoge
  • Environment: foo
  • Robot: Robot for JP
  • Info: Execution error : System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
    at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
    at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
    at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)
  • Start Time: 02/27/2019 2:45:37 PM
  • End Time: 02/27/2019 2:45:44 PM
  • Input Values: Empty

Output Values: null

I wonder why this could be happen…

should i fill “input” and “output” values in parameters ?

If you have any input parameters to be passed, then you need to pass a value for them… Otherwise it will run into such issues…

Try passing some values for those and see how it works.

I should note here what I tried and the results.

There is the several files under hogehoge process as follows:

.screenshots
a.xaml
b.xaml
c.xaml
Main.xaml
project.jason

Procedures and the results

1. Ignored whole program in “Main.xaml” and added simple program “opening Memo”
    with start process activity(“C:\Windows\system32\notepad.exe”) at initial line in the same sequence block.
    → it doesn’t work

2. Deleted a.xaml, b.xaml and c.xaml individually and took same steps as 1)
    → it doesn’t work

3. Deleted a.xaml, b.xaml and c.xaml, and screenshots individually and took same steps as 1)
    → it doesn’t work

4. Deleted a.xaml, b.xaml and c.xaml, and .screenshots all together (* dialog comes up like "if you want to delete ‘thumbs.db’ or not " related to .screenshots and actually choose “skip”) and deleted whole procedure in main.xaml and added simple program “opening Memo”
    with start process activity(“C:\Windows\system32\notepad.exe”).
    → it works

5. Deleted a.xaml, b.xaml and c.xaml, and .screenshots all together (* actually dialog if you delete ‘thumbs.db’ related to .screenshots and choose skip) and deleted whole procedure in main.xaml and took same steps as 1)
    → it works

6. Didn’t deleted any files but deleted whole procedure in main.xaml and added simple program “opening Memo” with start process activity(“C:\Windows\system32\notepad.exe”).
    → it doesn’t work

So I guess this is the issue regarding to relation between file references or something…
But actually I dont get it and need some help,
thanks

Hi @Lahiru.Fernando
Thanks for your comment. We found that the parameters were not cause of this issue directly…
:sweat: