Not Able to detect the colour from inside of the desktop application's interface

Hi,

I am not able to detect the colour from a desktop application as selector is highlighting the entire background screen of the desktop application, not the target element. The available activities like Get attribute, image exists, element exists, even tried with GET COLOUR FROM SCREEN activity etc. showing the same issue(highlighting the entire background screen but not the target element) because of which I am not able to get the unique identification element from the colour, tried also changing the Ui Framework but that also didn’t help. Anyone please help to solve the issue.

Hi @Ritesh_Burman,

Kindly share the screenshots please. I am not able to be understand.

Regards
Ömer

Hi @omer.ozturk ,

I am sorry to say due to security reason i am not able to share the screen shot but can explain in detailed…
Actually there is an application which shows dynamic colour bar layer(example : blue for exception and apart from blue other colours are for non exception case) over inside the application’s interface. If I try to use indicate on screen to scan the colour bar by using activities like element exists, Get colour from screen, image on appear, entire back ground screen of application’s interface is getting highlighted but not the specified target colour layer, so as a result of which boolean value is comming always true even if colour changes also from blue to some other colour .(reason selector is taking the ui element of background screen of the application’s intrerface not the target colour element presents over the application interface). Could u please give solution of this issue so that at the time of using the indicate on screen, activity will be able to highlight the specific target colour bar layer not the entire background of the application?

Thanks,
Ritesh

Hi @Ritesh_Burman,

Check out this marketplace component please.

Regards.
Ömer

Hi @omer.ozturk ,

Thanks for suggesting that marketplace component. Already tried with that Get colour activity but that one also failed because of the same selector issue(indicate on screen is highlighting the entire background not the specific target colour layer over the application interface).If i use this Get Colour activity the result is always comming as “WHITE” because the background colour of my application is white , over which different colour bars like blue, violets are present, I need to get those colour bar to be highlighted by selector specifically to get the true colour. Do u have any solution for this? please suggest.

Thanks,
Ritesh

Hi @Ritesh_Burman,

I used this component with coordinates. Give x and y point of the specified parts of the screen. I found the coordinates with trial and error. You can try this i guess.

Regards.
Ömer

Hi @omer.ozturk,

Actually, Colour bar’s coordinate is dynamic nature( its similar to the excel rows, for example if sometimes that blue colour bar layer is comming on 1st row then for next process it can come to second row and third row as well)so anyhow if i get the coordinate by using trial error also then in the run time for next process the colour bar will jump to second row ,bit difficult to get the fixed coordinate. For this reason only i tried Find image activity but that also failed because of the same selector issue(highlighting the entire whole background not the specified small zoned target colour over the interface).Could u suggest any more idea please?

Thanks,
Ritesh

Hi @Ritesh_Burman,

Actually, I’m out of idea. I will search about it. If I can find anything, i will inform you.

Regards.
Ömer

Hi @omer.ozturk

ok sure…

Thanks,
Ritesh

Hi @Ritesh_Burman ,

Have you tried changing the UI Frameworks and then check if it is able to indicate the element required ? This can also be done using F4 while indication.

Also, Do let us know more about the application, if it is a Java based application or web application or specify the application is built on what.

Hi @supermanPunch ,

I tried that one also by changing the Ui Framework but that one also not able to highlight target element rather showing same issue(background entire application interface is getting highlighted).Give me sometime, I will let u know more about the application.

Thanks and Regards,
Ritesh

Hello @Ritesh_Burman

Welcome to UiPath community…!

Is this a java application? Also are you facing the same issue for other applications as well?

Thanks