Can we identify Color or image color using Uipath?

Want to know if we can identify color of image using uipath

1 Like

Hello @anair25

Yes we can do that. I had this same requirement where I wanted to identify the colors of a rating using the stars of different color to calculate the rating given. I used the below component to capture the color of the ui element. It gives the name of the color. Based on that you can perform the remaining tasks…

https://go.uipath.com/component/colordetector-01cabc

It uses the screen location of the ui elements. So use the get attributes activity to capture the location of the element which you want to check thr color of. The pass the screen coordinates you extracted to the activity of this component.

Hope it helps…

5 Likes

Can you explain in details how to translate in color map value into color

Hi @anair25,

yes, you can Identify color of the image by using color detector activities

First you install color detector activities from manage pakage and in that we have( color from image activity and color from screen ) by using that we can find the image color

regards,
gulshiya

1 Like

Get_color is a variable of the get position

2 Likes

If you find it useful mark it as solution and close the thread.

1 Like

How to use color from image ?

sorry i didn’t get you what is your question

There Are 2 activities inside " color detector"
1 color from screen
2 color form image

Both are similarly same only

Hi @gulshiyaa

I gone through this flow but, every time it showing color as white.

Try to indicate position correctly @Smitesh_Aher1

@gulshiyaa i am using this workflow. is it right?

Use application/browser activity >> get position activity >> color from screen activity

The link is not working.

You’re digging up a 4 year old post.

A simple Google search of “UiPath color detector” found this very easily:

I had already downloaded the file and it was downloaded in .nupkg format. How do I use this file as an activity in my UiPath process?

I managed to download the package file; how do I add it to my project files/packages?

Hello Sir,

I have searched Color Detection package in Package Manager, but when I try to install it I cannot find the install button and get a message instead that saying “No compatible version with Windows Projects”

My project is c# and the version of UiPath Studio is 2023.8.0 community edition

Then that package, which is not a UiPath package, has not been updated for Windows compatibility by the person who created it. Marketplace is a place for people like us to upload packages for others to use.

Ok, so is there any solution for such cases, I want some technique to detect the color for any indicated area in the screen ?