Scenario: Read Range activity in excel application scope

Steps to reproduce: Use certain excel files but not others

Current Behavior: Throws unhandled .NET Framework exception

Expected Behavior: Read file and return excel DataTable

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2016.2.6379

Last stable behavior: 2017-08-07
Last stable version: 2016.2.6379
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc): .NET 4.0.30319.42000 / Excel.Activities 2.0.6382.14545

6C373166_NEW

My UiPath robot is suddenly crashing when reading certain excel files (my workflow consists only of a Read Range activity in the excel application scope). I have been doing this successfully for about a month and the only relevant difference I can think of is the Microsoft “July 2017 Preview if Quality Rollup for .NET Framework”. After seeing the issue for the first time, I updated the Excel.Activities to the newest version, but it doesn’t make a difference.

There appears to be no rhyme or reason to why certain files work and others produce this error. My co-worker has basically the same software installation on a different machine, but our behaviour is inconsistent: there is a file that works for me, but not for him.

I’ll try to find a minimal example for an excel file I can share that produces the error, but it’s hard to isolate the issue.

This issue sounds like it might be related:

Hi,
. Net frameworks must be 4.6 and above .

So it turns out UiPath displays NET 4.0.30319.42000, but this is incorrect. I actually have 4.6.01055 installed. I think what’s going in here is that 4.0.30319.42000 is the “base version” and 4.6.01055 an incremental update on top of that. So I think this is a bug in UiPath, it fails to display the correct installed .NET version.

Since the .NET framework version is not the problem, any other idea about the exception?

How about reinstall the uipath and update all the packages.

[quote=“dlennarz, post:4, topic:9776”]
So it turns out UiPath displays NET 4.0.30319.42000, but this is incorrect. I actually have 4.6.01055 installed.
[/quote] any comments on above quote @ovi

I have the 2017.1 Community Edition installed and it’s the same display of .NET versions. But i tried with different excel files and it works fine, no errors.
It may be a minor issue with UiPath displaying the wrong .NET version, but this error seems to be related to that “Just-in-time debugging”.
I have found this, maybe it will help somehow:

1 Like

Did you get the solution i am also facing the same issue??

The issue was that using the Excel application opens the related excel in the screen and the entire excel data is loaded into the cache memory. For some of my excel files the cache memory was getting exhausted resulting the process to crash.

I switched to the excel workbook, which is not opening the excel into the screen and executes the operation in the background. That one doesn’t crash.

Good luck!

Hi @ddpadil I did try uninstall and reinstalling latest CE version of UIPath . Still the .Net version is not updated.

Any solution on this yet ?

Hi @ramesh_prabhulal, the .NET version that UiPath (Community Edition 2018.1.1) displays is not what is actually installed on my system. But this is a known minor issue and shouldn’t impact anything you do.

Are you having issues reading excel files?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700AA on GoBack call

did you got the solution if yes, please let me know