Need Help on REGEX Project

Dear All,

I am working on one automation project .With the help of a few youtube videos (Anders Jensen) and megapost shared on forum by Steven_McKeering, I have made two processes. But not able to get the required result.

I would be glad if you could help me on this.

Requirements for the project are as follows.

1. There are multiple REGEX rules added in the Excel sheet so I need to check all regex rules mentioned in excel file to extract data points available in PDF file.

2. There are multiple PDF files available in Folder at a specific path, so the process must check all regex rules in each and every PDF file available in folder and extract data.

For your reference I am attaching Excel file with regex Rules, 07 PDF Files and RPA file.

When I execute Regex_02,I am getting below outcome – it works on only one PDF in read pdf.
In this case outcome should be reflecting only one time in each row. However it is duplicated in the first and second row.

image (1)

When I execute Regex_03,I am getting below outcome - it includes all PDF available in folder.

Regex rule for LSE_.xlsx (17.1 KB) 04.pdf (118.2 KB) 05.pdf (132.2 KB) 06.pdf (537.1 KB) 07.pdf (43.2 KB) 01.pdf (271.9 KB) 02.pdf (51.6 KB) 03.pdf (360.9 KB)
image (2) Main.xaml (12.0 KB) Regex_03.xaml (13.5 KB)

1 Like

someone please help me on this project.i don’t understand what i am missing to get desired outcome,need a guidance from anyone.
Thank you in advance!!!

Hey @sanket_nalwad - and welcome to the community!

I am glad @AndersJensen’s videos have been helping you :smiley:

I think the problem you are having is the scope/write range activity.

The simplest fix is to move the ‘Write Range’ activity outside the ‘for each’ activity.

Essentially you are adding an item to ‘dtOutput’ and then writing the whole range multiple times - when you only want to write the range ‘once only’

Hopefully this solves your problem :slight_smile:

Try this - Updated Main.xaml (12.0 KB)

Cheers

Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your feedback,but still i don’t understand how to deal with this part.

Hello

I was just trying to explain what was wrong in your workflow.

All you need to do is move the ‘Write range’ activity you will have solved your problem.

Let me know how you go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Steven,

Thanks again, let me try from my side.

1 Like

Steven is growing into a Regex monster!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.