MS Planner and Excel Automation

I currently have an excel sheet that has all the names of tasks in MS Planner in the first column, with the dates I want to set as due dates for each task in the next column and the people I want to assign the task to in the column after that. I have used excel read range activities to read the data in each of the columns. What activities would I use to have it read the task name in the first column and then open it in planner, read the due date in the excel file in that same row and type it into planner, and then read the name in the 3rd column of the same row and assign that person to the task? I want to do this for each row.

Hi @gianna.demetroulakos

If i get the excel data then it will be easy to make the workflow for the same.

Happy Automation :raised_hands:

Best Regards
Er Pratik Wavhal :robot::man_technologist:t4: :computer:

Hi Er Pratik Wavhal, I can’t send you the exact Excel file due to confidential company information but cells A4:A50 each have the name exact name of each planner task. Column B has the due dates for the corresponding tasks and column C has the name of the person assigned to the corresponding task

Hi @gianna.demetroulakos

Yes. I know the companies policy but you can provide some dummy excel which have dummy data with same format like the Original.
That i am saying to give.

You can create any dummy excel with all dummy data and then send.
So that working on the same gets easy and for you also to reflect on the original afterwards

Best Regards

1 Like

Example Planner Excel File.xlsx (13.1 KB)

Hi @gianna.demetroulakos

I have created one dummy workflow with whatever data you provided to me.
I have mention some activities within annotations for your reference which will help you while applying those activities on MS Planner.

In the below workflow how to read the values from every column for that particular row going through the loop i have implemented.
Main.xaml (16.6 KB)
Example Planner Excel File.xlsx (13.1 KB)

Hope this help you to build your workflow

Mark as solution and like it if this helps you :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thank you! I have a question about the IF activity within the For Each Row activity - why is the condition rowIndex>=2?

Hi @gianna.demetroulakos

Actually rowIndex is initially starts with 0 so.
As we are considering headers and we want to start writing the data below headers so that condition is implemented.

Mark as solution and like it if this helps you :slight_smile:

Best Regards

So if the first row of data under my headers is row 4 i should change that to rowIndex>=4?

Hi @gianna.demetroulakos

Actually you made the 1st 3 rows static and from 4 it starts. so from row index = 2 it starts reading the data.

So i implemented that condition as

Best Regards

Do i need to use an assign activity for every task name, due date, and person the task is assigned to? And if so do i put them in the If activity?

Hi @gianna.demetroulakos

Take 3 different assign activity for task name, due date, and person the task is assigned to
So that it will be easy for you to remember variable names instead of row(0).ToString

Yes within if activity only bcz data will start reading within if as per the dummy data bcz initial 3 rows are static so i have use If Activity der.

Best Regards

Hi,
My DataTable variable is coming back as null - how do I fix this?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.