Move Steps between Tasks

When we have completed a capture in TC, it groups the individual Steps and their screenshots/capture into the headline Tasks in the flow diagram.
We are looking to try and move some of these individual Steps to newly created Tasks or other ones originally captured.
There doesn’t seem to be a way to do this without exporting it and then re-importing it which seems a bit off?
We can reorder the Tasks within the Steps but not to other ones.
Is this possible or is this a feature that can be added in a future release?

1 Like

Hi @Simon_Lant!

As far as I understand, you want to copy/cut the Steps from one Sequence element (rectangle on the diagram, in which steps are captured) into another one? If that’s the case, then you can select those Steps from the source Sequence by holding Shift + Top/Bottom Arrows on your keyboard. After you selected the steps, you can either cut them from Sequence using ‘Ctrl + X’ hotkey or copy them into a clipboard by ‘Ctrl + C’ hotkey. Then you have to select the Sequence, where you want to insert them, select the Step, after which you want to insert the copied/cut ones and click ‘Ctrl + V’ hotkey.
Please let me know whether it helps.

Have a nice day,
Anna

2 Likes

Hi Anna, yes this works OK for me actually. Our users had been trying to find this via a right-click menu, so the hot keys were not immediately obvious. Might be worth looking to add the Cut/Copy/Paste in on right click in a future release so this is super obvious? Thanks for your support and keep up the great work on this tool.

Hello @Simon_Lant!
Happy to hear that the advice was helpful for you :slight_smile:
Yes, I agree that it’s not obvious and the solution with the right-click menu would be a better one. We’ll definitely consider this improvement, thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.