Move outlook mail message error

Dear all,

Kindly assist to resolve my issue.

I am now doing the Practice 1 for email automation.

When i run my workflow, it shows the error message as per below.

It is an email rules practice. The folder that i want to access is a subfolder under my email inbox folder.

Kindly assist me.

Thank you.

@eelin

This will happen when the destination folder to where the mail is expected to be moved is not found.

Check the destination folder that you provided in the activity.

@eelin

Welcome to the Community.

You can use the below command to access the subfolder. Please change folder name according to your email box.

ā€œInbox\Personal"

2 Likes

@singhonkar

Thanks for your reply.

However, if i want to access to a few subfolder, how should i put the commands?

Thank you.

@Ragu9060

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, i understand that is the destination folder issue but i have no idea where should i make amendment in order to resolve it.

Thank you

@eelin

If you would like to access another subfolder within a folder, follow the tree hierarchy structure.

To above example, if there is another subfolder ā€œFinanceā€ inside ā€œPersonalā€ , then your folder path should be ā€œInbox\Personal\Financeā€.

@eelin

You need to make changes in MailFolder property under input section. Attached the screenshot for your reference.

@singhonkar

Below are my email rules excel worksheet

Can i have your email so that i can send my workflow file to you so that you can better understand my concern?

Thank you.

@singhonkar

Here is the screenshot for my email.

@singhonkar

Below is the screenshot for my workflow.

@eelin

Iā€™ve shared my id in your inbox. Please check.

@eelin

I went through your shared file. Could you please change the value in Move Outlook mail message activity from row(ā€œFolderā€).ToString to "Inbox"+ row(ā€œFolderā€). ToString
Please add \ backslash after Inbox keyword as Iā€™m facing issue to replicate the same above.

Let me know if this works or not.

1 Like

@singhonkar

I have try to put ā€œInbox\ā€+ row(ā€œFolderā€). ToString

Now, it do not have the error message anymore.

However, it did not move my message to the respective folder as per the rules.

Thank you.

@singhonkar

After i change the values for the move outlook mail message, it seems work.

However , there is only 2 email message being moved to the folder.

At first i put the ā€œtopā€ as 200 , then it pops up error message stated the workflow run of time.

Then , I change the ā€œtopā€ as 100.

Is it because the mail message in my email is too many?

@eelin

Yes, in Get Outlook Mail Message activity, by default timeout is ā€˜30000ā€™ milliseconds.
If you would like to access more no. of emails, please increase the TimeoutMS property which is on the extreme right top side. Try with ā€˜120000ā€™ milliseconds.

Please verify manually once how many emails it should move to that folder.

@singhonkar

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance.

Finally, it works and it move the email to the respective folder.

Really appreciate your guidance.

@eelin

Welcome :slight_smile:

@eelin
If the above solution is working for you then please mark it as solution. It will help to others and save their time.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.