Modal Dialog Boxes supported by SAP Scripting

:exclamation::exclamation:Important:exclamation::exclamation:

Hi @LevKushnir,

Please provide feedback or resolution as soon as possible.

We are facing the same kind of issue but in a different situation where the robot is trying to download results as a report from SAP.

Current Version Where the Open SaveAs window is not opening as expected
Studio Version : 2020.10.2
UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities : [20.10.8]
UiPath.System.Activities : [20.10.3]

Older Version Where the Open SaveAs window was opening as expected
Studio Version : 2019.10.4
UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities : [19.11.1]
UiPath.System.Activities : [19.10.1]

Expected Scenario & Working fine in 19 Version: (Pic1)
Robot Should Click on OK (Green tick mark) Button in Select Spreadsheet window and SAP should open Save As Window. SAP Scripting (marked in the red box) is not running.

Pic1: Normal case - Scripting Not running - Expected save dialogue box

Unexpected Scenario & Not Working in 20 Version: (Pic2)
When Robot clicks on OK (Green tick mark) Button in the Select Spreadsheet window, SAP Opens a new window that is different from the original and which Is not expected.SAP Scripting (marked in the red box) is running continuously even the execution is Completed/stopped, it only stops when closing the Studio completely.

Pic2: Error - SAP Scripting running continuously - Different save dialogue boximage

HI @VijayaKumarA

The topic you are describing, is different from the original post.

In you case the behaviour is correct → PIC2 is correct.

Control (amodal) - PIC1 display options are not supported by SAP scripting interface

Solution is here:

Best regards, Lev

2 Likes

Hi @LevKushnir ,

Thank you for your reply.

I have completed the configuration provided and it still remains the same as PIC2

We are expecting PIC1 behavior as default and it was working when we are using 2019 version of studio.

Hi

Since 2019.12 we have completely switched to SAP API scripting interface and got our solution certified by SAP for SAP WinGUI automation for SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA.

As mentioned above PIC2 is the right one for SAP scripting interface

Best regards, Lev

1 Like

Hi @LevKushnir ,

Thank for your clarification.

Is that something we have to modify our existing process according to new screen in SAP if we are upgrading the activities in them from 2019 to 2020?

Also please confirm will there be any interferences if we still consider using the 2019 UI activities without upgrading to 2020 version in 2020.10 Studio for the older process ?

1 Like

HI @VijayaKumarA

We are continuously working on improving and enhancing our SAP capabilities

I would highly recommend to upgrade to the latest UiPath UIAutomation Package 20.10 and above. You will get much more functionality. Just some topics, what we had add in 20.4 SAP Automation - what’s new in UiPath Studio 20.4

As mentioned above

Control (amodal) - PIC1 display options are not supported by SAP scripting interface

I would say, this only one limitation, which I am aware of. From business point of view, it does not matter in MODAL or AMODAL, the process and flow is the same.

So, as a conclusion - upgrade to 20.10 to ensure stable and reliable SAP automation.

Best regards, Lev

2 Likes

Hi @LevKushnir ,

Thank you for the clarification.

I have tried creating the save report from scratch in 20.10.8 version by manually navigating through SAP Screen and building the sequence.

While building the sequence I am getting PIC1 (manually navigating through each step to replicate in Studio) and I have identified & Updated the selector from it to click, but when I run the same code from studio after the export click its the new PIC2 window which is different from the actual window when it’s built. Because of this there a difference in the working model when the steps executed manually and the same steps coded in the studio when running and the robot is throwing element not found exception.

Please correct me if am doing anything different. (if I am using the App/Web recorder I am getting the PIC2 as the default window)

Hi @VijayaKumarA

To have overall similar view, you have to do this:

Then it will work for manual and automated execution

Best regards, Lev

1 Like

Hi @LevKushnir,

Completed the mentioned configuration steps and also restarted SAP.

But still, I am getting PIC1 when navigating Manually and PIC2 when I run from Studio.

SAP Version : image

Thank you,
A.Vijaya Kumar.

This is a per-user setting. This configuration needs to be set for each client which creates SAP automation.

1 Like

Hi @LevKushnir , Yes we have applied on the user SAP Client where its executed, but still we get different windows while creating the click activity(PIC1) and when the same is ran using robot(PIC2).

#. SAP GUI Options > Accessibility & Scripting > Scripting
First, make sure that Enable scripting is checked.
And if 'Show native Microsoft Windows dialogs is checked, the windows type is ‘File Explorer’
But If it is not checked, the windows type is ‘Input FilePath’.

The test should be done with a robot.

1 Like

HI @VijayaKumarA
You need to run SAP automation to come to the point, where you see the Export Screen with “Input FIle Path”, then automate this screen and all will be ok.

“Input FIle Path” screen can be triggered only with SAP scxripting, means, need to run it with Studio

Clear?

Best regards, Lev

@joonhyunghong Thank you. Yeah, we made the changes it’s working as expected.

Hi @LevKushnir ,

We have updated SAP Scripting option to “Show native Microsoft Windows dialogs is checked”. now we are able to get the default windows.