your component is up to date.
Please try the following steps:
- Set your user settings to ALV Grid display
- Open TAC SE16
- Input table name TFDIR (or any other)
- Press F7
- Press F8
Now you should see something like this:
- Open in the Customize Local Layout the Script Recording and Playback item
- Start the recording by pressing the red bubble.
Hint: I could be possible that your dialog looks a little bit different.
- Open in the toolbar, like in SE16N, the button Spreadsheet…
- After select your target format, do you see a native Windows Save as dialog or an SAP dialog?
- Don’t forget to deactivate the script recording.
I tried this way on an older SAP system an on a current SAP system, but with the same version of the SAP GUI for Windows and with different themes. The older SAP system opens a native Windows Save as dialog, the newer SAP system opens the scriptable SAP dialog.
So it seems which dialog is opened has something to do with a backend component or configuration.
It seems that has nothing to do with SE16 (or SE16N) itself.
Please let us know your results of the steps above. It is very interesting to know the behavior of your system.
Thanks and best regards