MicrosoftVision - Method "Read Handwritten Text" not found

Hi there,

I try to read respectively analyse an image with handwritten text on it. Therefore I want to use the activity “Read handwritten Text” from Microsoft Vision.

I’ve created an Azure-Account and a Computer-Vision in there, to get the Service-URL (endpoint) and the subscription-key. When running my UiPath Flowchart there is following error message occuring during the activity “Read handwritten text”.

I installed the packages Microsoft.Azure.CognitiveServices.Vision.ComputerVision by Microsoft and UiPath.MicrosoftVision.Activities by UiPath. According to the documentation and the activity-description of “Read Handwritten Text” the second one should be the right one. Both packages are installed on their newest version.

Unfortunately the link at the documentation (https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/microsoft-vision-read-handwritten-text) for the setup-page at ‘How it works’ bullet-point 1 isn’t correct…

Does anybody have an idea how to solve my problem!

Thanks!

PS: I’m new to UiPath and this forum. Please be kind - I’m trying my Best…

Hi,

I can just have reproduced your matter for not only ReadHandwritten but also other activities in MicrosoftVision.
It seems to caused by version of Microsoft.Azure.CognitiveService.Vision.ComputerVision package. Its decencies is 6.0.0>, however, 7.0.1 which is depended by the latest UiAutomation doesn’t work.
So, as workaround, can you try to downgrade UiAutomation to 20.10.11, for example, then have it use version 6.0.0 as the following?

Regards,

1 Like

Hi,

thanks for your help! It worked for me - I just had to switch to version 6.0.0 of the Microsoft Azure Package.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.