Message: Property accessor 'Account' on object 'UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard' threw the following exception:'Cannot detect an Outlook account.'

I am trying to send an email , but I am getting the error below.
I have an outlook 2013 installed in my laptop and it is working with my hotmail account. Not sure why it cannot find the account. Can anyone help?

21.4.3+Branch.master.Sha.7d66317b828533c43b8fc299ec1cfdc22a138bc2

Message: Property accessor ‘Account’ on object ‘UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard’ threw the following exception:‘Cannot detect an Outlook account.’

Exception Type: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

RemoteException wrapping System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Property accessor ‘Account’ on object ‘UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard’ threw the following exception:‘Cannot detect an Outlook account.’ —> RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Mail.Outlook.OutlookException: Cannot detect an Outlook account.
at UiPath.Mail.Outlook.OutlookAccountWithStoreDetectionService.GetSelectedStoreDisplayName()
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard.GetAccount()
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard.get_Account()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component)
at System.Activities.Activity.ReflectedInformation…ctor(Activity activity, ReflectedType reflectType)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.CacheMetadata(NativeActivityMetadata metadata)
at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskNativeActivity.CacheMetadata(NativeActivityMetadata metadata)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings)
at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList`1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.ValidateWorkflow(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.RegisterExtensionManager(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.EnsureInitialized()
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Enqueue(InstanceOperation operation, Boolean push)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.SimpleOperationAsyncResult.Run(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.BeginRun(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__91.MoveNext()

Hello,

I would like to ask for the full logs ( %localappdata%/UiPath/Logs) and after that can you please try and run the Office repair tool found in the tools menu, and try an repair the Office installation.

Regards,
Dragos.

HI

Thanks for responding.
I have tried the repair tool already and it made no difference.
In my message, I copied and pasted the error log, which log specifically do you want to see?
I am not allowed to upload files…and the number of characters is also restricted

This is the execution log
I also have:
2021-04-27_ExcelAddIn_Install.log
2021-04-27_OfficeExtensions.log
2021-04-27_Execution.log
2021-04-27_UiPath.Studio.Launcher.log
2021-04-27_UiPath.Studio.log
2021-04-27_UiPath_ExcelAddIn.log
Which one do you want to see?
Thanks for helping
Marcia

I executed again today and got the same error, but the logs are smaller:

This is the execution log
13:14:05.7039 Info {“message”:“Excel_automation execution started”,“level”:“Information”,“logType”:“Default”,“timeStamp”:“2021-04-28T13:14:05.6979461+01:00”,“fingerprint”:“46e2c3ea-fa07-468d-8ad0-a09689a128fc”,“windowsIdentity”:“MARCIA-SEC-WIN\marci”,“machineName”:“MARCIA-SEC-WIN”,“processName”:“Excel_automation”,“processVersion”:“1.0.0”,“jobId”:“2f70cb72-239d-48c7-b548-517d83061450”,“robotName”:“marciasabr@yahoo.com.br-attended”,“machineId”:1350884,“organizationUnitId”:1337268,“fileName”:“Main”,“initiatedBy”:“StudioX”}
13:14:11.8189 Info {“message”:“Excel_automation execution ended”,“level”:“Information”,“logType”:“Default”,“timeStamp”:“2021-04-28T13:14:11.8100005+01:00”,“fingerprint”:“c40d492b-0758-4e7f-b23f-785d087e3bb5”,“windowsIdentity”:“MARCIA-SEC-WIN\marci”,“machineName”:“MARCIA-SEC-WIN”,“processName”:“Excel_automation”,“processVersion”:“1.0.0”,“jobId”:“2f70cb72-239d-48c7-b548-517d83061450”,“robotName”:“marciasabr@yahoo.com.br-attended”,“machineId”:1350884,“organizationUnitId”:1337268,“totalExecutionTimeInSeconds”:6,“totalExecutionTime”:“00:00:06”,“fileName”:“Main”}

This is the studio log
13:12:57.6724 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio] [1] Office version: 2013
13:12:57.6988 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio] [1] Office build version: 15.0.5337.1001
13:13:11.3355 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio] [2] TaskScheduler Exception: System.AggregateException: A Task’s exception(s) were not observed either by Waiting on the Task or accessing its Exception property. As a result, the unobserved exception was rethrown by the finalizer thread. (Connection closed.)
—> System.IO.IOException: Connection closed.
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Connection.Send(Request request, CancellationToken token)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.ServiceClient1.<>c__DisplayClass18_01.<b__1>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at UiPath.CoreIpc.IOHelpers.WithTimeout[TResult](IEnumerable1 cancellationTokens, TimeSpan timeout, Func2 func, String message, Func2 exceptionHandler) at UiPath.CoreIpc.ServiceClient1.<>c__DisplayClass18_01.<InvokeAsync>b__2(Exception ex) at UiPath.CoreIpc.IOHelpers.WithTimeout[TResult](IEnumerable1 cancellationTokens, TimeSpan timeout, Func2 func, String message, Func2 exceptionHandler)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.ServiceClient1.InvokeAsync[TResult](String methodName, Object[] args) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---, HResult -2146233088 13:13:12.5465 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [18] NU1603: System.IO.Pipelines 4.7.1 depends on System.Buffers (>= 4.5.0) but System.Buffers 4.5.0 was not found. An approximate best match of System.Buffers 4.5.1 was resolved. 13:13:12.5477 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [18] NU1603: System.Net.Http 4.3.0 depends on System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource (>= 4.3.0) but System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource 4.3.0 was not found. An approximate best match of System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource 4.6.0 was resolved. 13:13:12.5479 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [18] NU1603: Microsoft.Extensions.Primitives 3.1.6 depends on System.Memory (>= 4.5.2) but System.Memory 4.5.2 was not found. An approximate best match of System.Memory 4.5.4 was resolved. 13:13:12.5480 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [18] NU1603: System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticSource 4.6.0 depends on System.Memory (>= 4.5.3) but System.Memory 4.5.3 was not found. An approximate best match of System.Memory 4.5.4 was resolved. 13:13:12.5480 => [WARN] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [18] NU1603: System.IO.Pipelines 4.7.1 depends on System.Memory (>= 4.5.3) but System.Memory 4.5.3 was not found. An approximate best match of System.Memory 4.5.4 was resolved. 13:14:11.9564 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.App.Logging.OutputLogger] [1] RemoteException wrapping System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Property accessor 'Account' on object 'UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard' threw the following exception:'Cannot detect an Outlook account.' ---> RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Mail.Outlook.OutlookException: Cannot detect an Outlook account. at UiPath.Mail.Outlook.OutlookAccountWithStoreDetectionService.GetSelectedStoreDisplayName() at UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard.GetAccount() at UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard.get_Account() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component) at System.Activities.Activity.ReflectedInformation..ctor(Activity activity, ReflectedType reflectType) at System.Activities.NativeActivity.CacheMetadata(NativeActivityMetadata metadata) at UiPath.Shared.Activities.AsyncTaskNativeActivity.CacheMetadata(NativeActivityMetadata metadata) at System.Activities.NativeActivity.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings) at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback)
at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors) at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList1& validationErrors)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.ValidateWorkflow(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.RegisterExtensionManager(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.EnsureInitialized()
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Enqueue(InstanceOperation operation, Boolean push)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.SimpleOperationAsyncResult.Run(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.BeginRun(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__91.MoveNext()

hi marciasabr,
I also face same issue, have you got solution already? let me know if you found solution to solve that issue.

Hi

I actually did not find a solution for the original problem, but I believe it has to do with the version of the outlook that I had installed. When I had the problem I had Outlook exchange installed. Then, I run my robot on another machine where I had Outlook from the Office 2017 installed and it worked fine.

So, my advice is to check the version you are using.

Good luck

marcia