I seem to have a problem with sending emails, something to do with accounts: Message: Property accessor ‘Account’ on object ‘UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard’ threw the following exception:‘Unable to cast COM object of type

I seem to have a problem with sending emails, something to do with accounts:

Message: Property accessor ‘Account’ on object ‘UiPath.Mail.Activities.Business.OutlookApplicationCard’ threw the following exception:‘Unable to cast COM object of type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Interface not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040155).’

I have Outlook installed, and I’m using it daily. I have 3 accounts set up on it, and one of them as default.
Can anyone detail this error please?

Go to file → options → Add ins and click as in the image and enable add ins. It might solve your issue. Thanks

Unfortunately it doesn’t work. I also tried the solution found here, without success: https://forum.uipath.com/t/unable-to-cast-com-object-of-type-microsoft-office-interop-outlookapplicationclass-troubleshoot-steps/134142

Hi Lucian,

I had a similar issue with excel and it had to do with the Registry Keys on my machine. I found this fix under a Visual Studio discussion but worked for the error on Studio X. Just follow the steps outlined by CyberAnt it will help you resolve the issue. 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)

If you need more assistance let me know.

Regards

Leon

when i am sending mail using outlook it give this error.
I am selecting default

can anyone please help me in it

Could you please try to run both Outlook and Studio “as Administrator”. We will fix this behavior in the upcoming version.

1 Like

@flavius Hi
I have tried to run both as administrator, but still getting error
I am getting it at the same time

I have tried to analyse and got this error

So instead of default I used my account mail id(which is configured at outlook)
and got this error (I am not using gmail account)

I am facing the exactly same problem, please help.

@tarun_das Have you resolve this outlook problem?

Hi Leon, Can you please assist me on how to repair the registry. I followed the steps mentioned in the cyberant article but came to a roadblock as my Default data for CLSID indicates “(value not set)”. Also, I encountered the same issue with typelib subkey Please see attachments for reference.