I am encountering this error where I want the bot to click on something, but it takes a while for the item to load to be clicked on. This is for an electronic medical record and is a but slow due to the volume of data so not sure what I can do to prevent it from timing out. I have tried many ideas from the forum including “On Element Appear”, “On Image Appear”, etc. See full details of error below. Any ideas how I can avoid this?

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.Activities.ActivityTimeoutException: Activity timeout exceeded
at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Hi @jklein So If your browser taking sometime to load the page so in click activity you need to change the property wait for ready to complete and and default wait time is 30 sec if you want you can change.

Thanks. I had tried that and get the error “Cannot find the UI element corresponding to the selector”.

@jklein

Change the property wait for Ready from Interactive to None for On Element Appear Activity and then try again.

And if it not works then use Element Exists Activity and then try once.

2 Likes

This might not be an good approach but still you can give a try to add Timeout as
integer.max

hello everyone…I am trying to pass variable in selectors as it changes and is dynamic…but I encounter this error Find Element ‘TD’: Activity timeout exceeded. Can someone please help.
this is the selector in Find element…have given wait for ready as complete and time also i tried 5 seconds and 30 seconds as well
where dynamic is my variable

Hi jklein ,

did you got any info why this error occurs ?

Regards,
Akhil B