Linkedin Datascraping - is it Blocking us?

Hi All,

I have a project, the main aim there is

1. Login to Linkedin,
  2. Get the all connections’ info by datscraping,
  3. writing those info to the excel.

It has some detailed actions in it but doesnt need to mention, Because, I think there is a problem with datascraping.

The project executes and ends without any problem but when I control the excel file, it is empty.

On the Forum, I havent seen a lot of topics related to this issue, just under one question, I saw, a friend mention about an issue of Linkedin datascraping , he says linkedin will block if it detects any kind of automation.

That might be true, because when I debug it, at Datascraping, doesnt show me anything.

I put message box after it whether to see any info, nothing happened, no messaagebox I got.
But the interesting thing is as I said above, the project completed itself without any error.
And creates empty excel file.

How it passes messagebox activity and continues?

So, Could you help me what should I do, where and how to look?

1 Like

That is not true. I have successfully completed a few data scraping automations on LinkedIn recently.

1 Like

Hi ozisak,

Check out this workflow.

Regards,
KantheshBlankProcess.zip (2.7 MB)

Hello Kantheshm,

your workflow is not working for me. can you please check it? also the data for the people that you are scraping, how did you search them?

Hi @VirajN,

Sorry for the delay.

My workflow seems to be working fine.

Check out my new workflow, let me know if it works.

Cheers,
Kanthesh

Uploading: BlankProcess.zip…

BlankProcess.zip (11.8 KB)

Hi @VirajN,

Sorry for the delay.

My workflow seems to be working fine.

Check out my new workflow, let me know if it works.

Cheers,
Kanthesh

Hi, any idea how to automate the connection requests sent to the contacts?

The below value after ember keeps randomizing , which it makes it even harder. Any other workarounds?

Don’t use the ember id’s they are randomised every time the page loads. Best to use the CSS selectors. Open in UI Explorer and update your selectors their, then validate them before saving them.

@whity
Use wildcards * in parentid or any other dynamic attribute values buddy…that could take any value changing from time to time

To find the dynamic attribute do it manually two-time on the same page so that you will get two selectors…you can compare that and get to know the difference…

Cheers…

Is that working buddy…
Cheers

@ozisak Please go to this site Scraping Social Media data
I had a similar issue I could solve it.