License Type to Use for Community Addition

Hello,
I am using Community Edition and trying to connect a Robot through Orchestrator so that I can schedule processes. I set the Robot up as Unattended, but I am getting the error message below when I open Studio.

I am confused because my account shows I have an Unattended license. What is the proper type to select to make sure I am in compliance? I do not have any Attended processes, so I am not sure which type to use.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

Basically, if you want to develop workflow with UiPath Studio, you need Studio (or Pro) license.

Regards,

1 Like

So, if you just have Community Edition, you cannot schedule jobs using Orchestrator and they must always be kicked off manually from Studio?

Hi,

If you have 2 or more machines, you can separately install UiPath and assign Studio and UR one by one.
In addition community edition is not very useful as UR because it runs as user mode and orchestrator can only start to run process if we log in. (If we use enterprise edition as service mode, orchestrator can start to run process on the machine even if we don’t log in)

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @jdahlinger
The runtime represents the maximum number of Robots that can simultaneously run on a specific machine and it is manually customizable. A Windows workstation can run only one background process at a time, and therefore it is recommended to assign only one runtime to it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.