License Activation Failed for UiPath Studio Community Edition 2022.4.1

Hi,

I’am experiencing License Activation Failed when opening UiPath Studio. I already tried reinstalling the studio, but I still got the same issue. Also tried finding the License folder and deleting any files there but I can’t find any License folder in %LocalAppData%\Local\Programs\UiPath\Studio\UiPath.

Please help me on how to resolve this issue. Thanks

Hi sgalang ,

Please find UiPath support link, Contact Technical Support
Raise a ticket.

Hello @sgalang ,

Can you plz explain the steps which you have performed for the license activiation?.
You can watch the below video to make a connection to orchestrator and for the licensing.

Anyone who experienced this on the latest community version? Unfortunately, they only have support for enterprise edition for this kind of issue.

Hi @sgalang

Would you mind copying the error message to clipboard and pasting it here?

Hi Maciej,

Please the error message below,

22.4.1+Branch.master.Sha.ae3dd5d96272ef2a8c7136934fe08624b9ad1069

License validation failed! The license file appears to be corrupted. If you believe this is a mistake contact us here.

Error: UiPath.Licensing.Boon.LicenseUiPathException: License validation failed! The license file appears to be corrupted. If you believe this is a mistake contact us here.
at UiPath.Licensing.LicenseService.GetRegistrationStateAsync()
at UiPath.Licensing.LicenseService.Initialize(Dictionary`2 metadata)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Licensing.ShellLicenseService.<>c__DisplayClass25_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Licensing.ShellLicenseService.WaitForUpdateTask()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Licensing.ShellLicenseService.<>c__DisplayClass25_0.<b__1>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Services.DispatcherService.<>c__DisplayClass18_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.b__128_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Views.SplashScreenView.SetStatus(String status)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.SplashScreenService.ShowStatus(String status)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ShellApplication.StudioShellApplication.HandleBeforeLicensingInit()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.StudioApplication.StudioApplication.StartApplication()
at UiPath.Studio.Core.StudioApplication.StudioApplication.Start(String args), HResult -2146233088

I’m sorry for reverting back with a delay.

Could you please give it a try on the latest, patched version 2022.4.3?

Hi I am using the latest version and I just encountered this same error. I couldn’t even open my UiPath application and all my files has changed to this.

This is the error.

When I click ok the entire application just closes. Can give some advice as I really need to access this app.

Hi it worked now! I deleted the folder license internal and it managed to open!
“%user%\AppData\Roaming\UiPath\LicenseInternal”

4 Likes

Thank you for coming back and reporting the workaround. Something must have went wrong with the licensing files then, but these are typically recreated on Studio restart, which explains why it started working afterwards.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.