Level3: Assignmen1 GetHashCode selector cannot find UIelement

Hi all,

I’ve been having issues with the GetText selector. It’s weird as sometimes when I test run the SHA1Online_GetHashCode.xaml itself, it works but not always. And it never works when I run the entire Main.xaml. Can someone help me to understand why this error happens and how I can resolve it?

Thanks

Please add a delay (2 or 3 second) before Get Hash Code Activity.
You have to wait for 1 or 2 seconds until the hash code is calculated and selector to be available.

Note - Make sure that you are attached to the browser window.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

Thanks. I realized that’s the issue. However, the SHA1Online website uses different time to open. Sometimes it takes up to 1min or sometimes it stuck on a blank page. Adding delay will not solve the problem completely. I’ve been thinking about using find element, but the hash code tag can’t be identified independently by the selector. Any suggestions?

You can wait until the Sha1: element or text found.

I only see wait element vanish. Wait until find is find element?

I tried both delay and find element. again it runs fine within GetHashCode, but not in Main :weary:

Please use the following selector -

Selector=“<html title=‘SHA1 online’ /><webctrl id=‘result-sha1’ tag=‘SPAN’ />”

1 Like

This is my original selector. Does the greyed out title mean it’s not functioning?

I changed the selector to the one including the title, and I got another error message.

I’m honestly starting to think that it’s a bug. There’s no reason that the UIelement has no problem to be found when running GetHashCode but can’t be identified in the Main.

You are using this activity in the Attach browser. So grayed out means it is not required to identify the UI element.

Try removing the Attach browser and give the selector which I wrote in the previous post.

Thanks. It works. I still don’t understand why it wasn’t working in the Attach Browser. Isn’t the html title set to default as the browser html? And again, it was working in its own workflow.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.