Launching .jnlp app: does java extention work properly when dealing with second level app windows?

Dear All,

I am still trying to automate a java applet (.jnlp file to be launched) which works in most cases, but not all.

(1) I have started the activity “log-in screen” app (i.e. jnlp file) by using the Process Start activity - works: CHECK

The selectors of the “log-in screen” looks as expected - with cls=‘SunAWTFrame’

wnd app=‘jp2launcher.exe’ cls=‘SunAwtFrame’ title=‘TEX-INT Platform - 360T TexApplet’ aaname=‘TEX-INT Platform - 360T TexApplet’ aastate=‘markierbar’ />

(2) When successfully logged in the “main screen” gets loaded by clicking a button on the “log-in screen”

The respective selector of such “main screen” now look differently with cls=“GlassWndClass-GlassWindowClass-*”

wnd app=‘java*.exe’ cls=‘GlassWndClass-GlassWindowClass-*’ title=‘Home Screen’ />

Oother applet windows popping up/used in the course of the process has similar selectors (i.e. not the ones from “log-in screen”.

I keep on getting undesired behaviour - like prentending a click has been executed or activity “element exists” returning false althoughs window is present. If not solved this will unfortunately lead to an abondment of UiPath for our purpose.

I have already checke the java exetension troubleshooting:

• accessibility.properties file, the file should contain assistive_technologies=UiPath.UiPathBridge. CHECK
  • In the C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_xx\lib\ext folder, you should find the UiPathBridge.jar file. CHECK
  • In the C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_xx\bin folder, you should find UiPathJavaBridgeV8.dll or UiPathJavaBridgeV8_x64.dll. CHECK
  • cls selector of the app = see above

UIAutomation v22.10.3 is running in Studio

My questions:

• Does someboday has any idea why such secondary - i.e. from orginal java app instatiated -windows/apps are not recognized as the intial one (different cls)?
  • … and does this hint to the fact that java is not running properly on my installation or is this a known UiPath behaviour?

Many thanks for your support on this one
Best
BB

No one any experience with such behaviour?

Hi @BB76 ,

GlassWndClass is a specific JavaFx class. The interaction with JavaFx apps is not done through the extension, but through native interfaces (AA, UIA), and that is why the selectors look different. It is not common to have mixtures of Java AWT/Swing apps and JavaFx apps but, since there are two different windows, there should be no problem in automating them.

Do you think we can connect via Zoom to check that undefined behavior? If possible, please email me: vlad.coteanu@uipath.com