Jinitiator

1 Like

Looks like this does the trick:

I tried this for JInitiator 1.1.8.16. No luck :frowning:
There is no such folder called ext under lib folder.
I did install java extension from studio. Does it mean something went wrong with extension installation?

Hi Sunil, I am using the same version and met the problem as well. Have you ever solved this?

Hi everyone,

I resolved my problem with the Java extension installation. I was unabled to install regular installation using a guide from uipath documentation.

If you would have a similar problem, first you should check in the JInitiator folder, do you have 3 files from the UiPath JavaSupport folder.

The files are accessibility.properties, UiPathBridge.jar, and (UiPathJavaBridgeV8.dll or UiPathJavaBridgeV8_x64.dll).
Location of file:

1. accessibility.properties should be in JInitiator\lib folder
  2. UiPathBridge.jar should be in JInitiator\lib\ext folder
  3. (UiPathJavaBridgeV8.dll or UiPathJavaBridgeV8_x64.dll) should be in JInitiator\bin folder

This solution works for me. If you couldn’t install properly only what to do is to move these files in those folders.

Happy work! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Please Help Kindly advise where can i locate the Jlnitiator folder?

Hi @HENRY_CHAI,

In my case folder is located at this path C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\JInitiator 1.3.1.18.

Regards,

Thank U Thank U
Will try this again, I really hope it will work.

fyi earlier i have done the below :
I have tried it on my personal Laptop and installing Java Extension was very easy.
I did the same on my work Laptop and I am unable to install the Java Extension.
What could be the issue?

Hi Dusan92,

the attached is the error message I am getting when I try to install the Java Extension.
I have tried installing UiPath Enterprise Trail edition, the UiPath Studio pro Trail Edition and also the UiPath Community edition and the error is shown.

Hi Dusan92,

I have tried it and it does not work.

The error popup message is still displayed.

Can you advise ?

Hi @HENRY_CHAI,
There are multiple possible causes for this message. Is there a JRE at that path? If you can show us, what is the folder structure underneath that path?

Hi @HENRY_CHAI,

Yes, you should check that path and conclude what could go wrong with that extension.

Regards,

Hi, Thank U for the reply.

I really hope you can assist and guide me

Kindly find the attached screenshot of the

1. UiPath version,
  2. the Program files directory, the Program files x86 directory,
  3. the error message received when I try to install the Java extension,

The attached is also the screen shot when I run my

1. UiPath Program,
  2. use the screenshot java sup setup extension error UiPath-Version port tool.

Hi, Thank U for the reply.

I really hope you can assist and guide me

Kindly find the attached screenshot of the

1. UiPath version,
  2. the Program files directory, the Program files x86 directory,
  3. the error message received when I try to install the Java extension,

The attached is also the screen shot when I run my

1. UiPath Program,
  2. use the screenshot java support tool setup extension error UiPath-Version

Hi,

Kindy find the attached. the path is pointing to the c:\program files x86 directory.
There is no Java directory in this folder.

The Java directory is only in the c:\program files directory.

I have checked the setup on my personal laptop and its the same and my personal laptop have no issue in installing Java extension

what could be the issue ?

Please advise me.

Do I need to reinstall the Java JDK and Java JRE again to the c:\program files x86 directory ?

I don’t believe those errors have something to do with the fact that the extension doesn’t get installed for JInitiator.
What can you find at the path Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UiPath\UiPath Platform\JreRegistry in your registries? I believe those paths that are reported as errors are retrieved from there, and there are some old paths that no longer exist on your machine. Deleting them will prevent similar errors from popping up.
Can you try to install the extension inside JInitiator using a specific JRE path? ScreenScrapeJavaSupport.exe /install /jrepath “C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle\JInitiator 1.3.1.22”? If it’s not working, what version of java.dll is inside JInitiator\bin folder?

Hi Vlad Coteanu,

Thank you for your reply. The attached is the report I have compiled for your kind review. I will be more than happy to share more information if you require so that you can assist me and those who have the same issue as me.Java-Extension-Issue.docx (1.3 MB)

Hi,

I have done what you have advised. Please see the attached.

I have sent you a private message: https://forum.uipath.com/t/re-jinitiator/289577 (only you should be able to see it), can you answer me there?