Is There Any way to change the case of an item while sending to dropdown from excel

Hi all
I am new to UiPath May i know is there any way to ignore the case while selecting the dropdown.In my Excelfile i have the items like Unicare,Healthcare,Cigma but in my dropdown i have items like UNICARE,Healthcare,CIGMA.I did it by using SelectItem but it throwing an exception like “can not select item.it was not found among existing items”.It may be because of uppercase and lowercase so kindly let me know how to ignore the case in Uipath

Thanks

I don’ think you can ignore the case but the item you pass in as a atring could be acted on, e.g. “mystring”.ToUpper will make it uppercase.

If the cases aren’t consistant you could use a try/catch block. In the try use the standard case and in the catch use the .ToUpper.

1 Like

@SuvarnaReddy123

If you are trying to select item from drop down list using Select Item Activity and it should be case sensitive. Otherwise it won’t select item from the list.

Thank you …i will try in this way

Yes i tried with select item activity…But my strings are not consistent the cases are changing

@SuvarnaReddy123

We can’t ignore case here. It is either upper or lower case then as @Ellboy said use Try Catch block. In Try block, pass lower case one. If error occurs in Try block then it will come to Catch block here you pass upper case letter.

1 Like

Main.xaml (5.5 KB)

This is an example of using try catch block in your case, perhaps you can modify this to suit your needs.

1 Like