Internet explorer : "Open Browser: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser"

Hi All,

I hope you are all of us fine!
I’m writing you because i’ve got a strange behavior with Internet Explorer and maybe some security settings applied with GPOs could be the cause, but I would like to share with you.

The start of the story when i’ve try to move my robot to a new computer for the production.
Based on the fact that main of my process works with “Simulate click” and i can’t do it on another ways.

After setup the new machine, i wasn’t able to interact with IE correctly with my “Simulate click” for example.

I’ve created a quick process with an open browser and i’ve got the following error :

19.4.0+Branch.master.Sha.0f31d6b182f9ff3ac2d5a909f771720615bdb0b9

Source: Open Browser

Exception Type: UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser.
at UiPath.UiBrowserClass.Open(String bstrURL, UiBrowserFlags flag)
at UiPath.Core.Browser.Open(String url, Boolean privateSession, Boolean headlessSession, Boolean defaultSession)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)
at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

IE Version : 11.471

It’s working with Chrome, but it’s mandatory on my case to use IE.

Of course i’ve already did the regsrv32 command line as mentioned on the KB but without any success.

So, do you have any ideas of which Internet Explorer settings could block that ? or how i can get rid of this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Mika,

What is the Browser type you have used in open browser activity, it should be IE

I’ve used IE, because it’s mandatory for my process to get this one.
The same activity with Chrome works like a charm.

What workflow you have inside open browser and provide the selector of any activity, i think you have chrome selectors in the activities.

i’ve got nothing ! only open brower with the link “www.google.fr

It’s looks like that UIP is not able to interact with IE for maybe some security settings or whatever

@Mika

Here are the steps to follow to fix the communication with IE browser:
• open an elevated command line (cmd.exe with admin rights)
• then type regsvr32 oleacc.dll and enter

Hi @lakshman

As i’ve written above, this command doens’t works on my case.
Do you have others ideas ?

Bump…

Any ideas ?

Did you enable EPM in Internet Explorer?

The setting can be found in Internet Option > Advanced Tab

I disable those option, close IE and Uipath, proceed to re-open both, it should working as intended.

Hope this could help!

4 Likes

Hi all, I am having the same issue. have tried all the options mentioned above including turning off EPM. any other suggestions please

Hi @Shifaz

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Have you tried our Troubleshooting Guides over here?

1 Like

Hi Maciej

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

I tried the solution in the article and it didn’t work either.

Please find below the error we are receiving.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Note: same automation is working for chrome, it is only IE we are having issues with.

19.4.2+Branch.master.Sha.e17a3bedca2a7da0d0b716b5f8f765d1d5ef1ddc

Source: Open Browser

Exception Type: UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:

UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with Internet
Explorer browser.

at UiPath.Core.Browser.Open(String url, Boolean privateSession, Boolean headlessSession, Boolean defaultSession)

at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.EndExecute(NativeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)

at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.BookmarkResumptionCallback(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)

at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, Bookmark bookmark, Object value)

at System.Activities.Runtime.BookmarkWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

@Shifaz I am also having this same error and neither the article solution nor turning off EPM fixed the error. Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

I am having this same issue, have tried all the solutions mentioned here without success.

As a workaround, I can launch Studio as Administrator and the process will work fine - however it then fails when publishing to Orchestrator because the job doesn’t run as administrator. A proper fix for this issue would be incredibly helpful.

• Info: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser.

UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser.

Same message and I resolved to change version “UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities [19.6.0]” ==> “UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities [19.5.0]”.
For me this message appear with version >19.5.0

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.BrowserOperationException: Cannot communicate with Internet Explorer browser

follow the step give in below link,

https://studio.uipath.com/docs/enhanced-protected-mode-in-internet-explorer

This resolved my issue.
Thanks very much =)

1 Like