Install and activate only robot

Hi,

I requested trial Enterprise license from the following site: Enterprise RPA Platform Trial - Automation Software | UiPath
I received email with license key and the link where I can download the installer (UiPathPlatformInstaller).

I will like to test how this will work on the production environment so I installed only Robot (in user mode). I added one process to the robot and when I try to run the process, I get an error: A local license is required.

Then I check the following link (Licensing a Robot) how to activate the license (with key I have got in email).
When I tried to activate the license from command prompt I get error: ERR106 Licensing model data missing. Without it, the license cannot be activated.

What did I miss here?

@Gregor_Kocevar, Hey welcome to the community.

I recommend you contact support for this one man:

Use the UiPath.LicenseTool.exe utility to activate the license on your robot. Command syntax found here: LicenseTool Command Descriptions

License tool is actually returns the error: ERR106 Licensing model data missing. Without it, the license cannot be activated.

Hi @Gregor_Kocevar
I think I know what the problem is. It seems like you requested for an Enterprise Edition trial and the trial key that you got is a key that needs to be applied to Orchestrator. Then your attended robot will need to connect to Orchestrator to drawn down a license.

Since it seems like you want to run a standalone robot (not connected to Orchestrator) then you will need a trial Studio/Attended Robot key. You should instead request a Studio/Attended Robot trial key via this page: Process Automation Software - Request your free download

Hi @Matthew_Tan,

this works as expected. Thank you.