Input to Browser fails when remote desktop is not connected

Is it possible to have the process running without the Orchestrator? I have only Studio in my desktop and a Robot in the remote desktop.

Is it possible with this configuration to have the process work when the remote desktop session is not open?

Hi. I know how to solve this. Te reason this goes wrong is that the proccess always start in windows like systems does, that means no ui. And that why i crashes.

When you make a process the only thing you have in main.xaml is an activity - Launch Workflow Interactive, and that point to another xaml file where all the code is in. This activity ensures that the code always runs in the windows mode that have ui. and then it works.

And you can do this without an orchestra

1 Like

How do you Launch Workflow interactive?

Hey @selrac

It is an activity in activity bar. you can check there.

For your reference:
https://www.uipath.com/activities-guide/launch-workflow-interactive

Regards…!!
Aksh

perfect, thanks. I’ll give it a try

I tried it but I seem to be getting an error:

To initiate the robot I use the dos command. Then I close the virtual machine session. The process checks a folder and when a file is received it should ‘launch the workflow interactive’ activity. Are there additional settings to set up?

Thanks

Hi.
The main.xmla must only have the launch activity inside it. And all sub sequenses should be called with the launch activity.
The one you attached wont work

I tried as you suggested thomasteske, but it doesn’t seem to work. It gets stuck in the browser action. There is an error message also in the browser saying that there in so current session.

Have you tried this?

2 Likes

I don’t seem to find the registry key you mention:

I managed to make the process work by enabling loginToConsole in an invoke process in the middle of the workflow. Well, I’m not sure if it works fully as the process is getting stuck somewhere else, so I’m not sure what will happen when the invoked workflow is completed and in has to continue with the next steps.

You’ll need to create it.

Sorry, I understand.

Just tried and seems to be working. Thanks Mihai!!!

1 Like

Were you using RDP?

Yes, it is a virtual machine

Execution still fails when minimizing the virtual machine.

I asked the admin to change the VPNed system to add to registry.Changed my script to invoke workflow interactive.

But still execution fails.

Please help on this !

So if I start a robot from Orchestrator, the robot can still work with non-background automation (using default type into: not Simulate Type, Window Messages), won’t it? We have lincense for studio and robot. But we have problem for running robot in a server.

Badita, Is it necessary to launch through Orch. or LaunchWorkFlow Interactive from Tray should be sufficient?

Yes, launch it from Orchestrator. You don’t need to be connected to that machine.

We don’t have orchestrator here yet. Need to do a poc.

Regards,
Ahmed

Ahmed Zaidi
+1-908-229-1167

platform.uipath.com