Input Dialog Box

Hi,
Is there a way to create the drop down options for Input dialog box from a list? For example, I collect all the folder names in a list and the input dialog box enables user to select a folder from the options of all folder names displayed in a dropdown.
Thank you.
Yashasri.

Hi Yashasri, welcome!

Yes, there are ways for create drop down options for an input dialog box.
UiPath has these relatively new Forms Activities - Now in Public Preview!
You can build your own form for an input dialog and specify e.g. a drop-down-menu.

You will need the UiPath.Form.Activities package :wink:

Cheers, Lukas

It might also be possible with the Custom Input activity, but you’ll have to design the form in HTML yourself. Could be a bit more tricky than the Forms Builder.

Thanks Lukas.
The problem is that I don’t have admin rights to my system. Any other way to do so?

Is there a way that a Collections List can be used to provide options for a dropdown in input dialog box?

Sure, you can do something like this:

The thing is I would like to collect folder names and display them as options. The options list is dynamic in my use-case I can’t be certain of the options like “Yes”, “No”, etc.

That property can take an array of strings.

I have used path.getfilenames(“xxx”) to collect file names. I want the file names to be displayed as options. Can I give a variable of Sysytems.String type in the options such that I get a dropdown menu with files names?

Yes you can.

Can you please elaborate on the process?

I got it. Thanks for the help.

Yes, In Properties Window of Input Dialog their is an Options which takes list of string as an input. For demo purpose you can follow the link provided below.

1 Like