We’re excited to announce our Forms activities package is now available in Public Preview!
This initial set of activities enable you to easily create forms to enable key scenarios around attended automation workflows.
How to provide feedback
Have suggestions, questions, or issues? We want to hear it!
- Simply go to the Forms category
- And then click New Topic
Your feedback will be instrumental as we plan our roadmap and future releases.
How to install
UiPath.Form.Activities requires a minimum UiPath Studio version of 18.4. The activities package is available in the UiPath Beta feed. Please follow the steps below to install the package in UiPath Studio:
- If you haven’t already, add the UiPath Beta feed to your Studio Manage Package window
- In the Beta feed, check ‘Include Prerelease’, search for “UiPath.Form.Activities”, and install the latest version.
** Important - We must reiterate, make sure you check the ‘Include Prerelease’ checkbox
The Forms Activities should be visible now in UiPath Studio, as shown below:
- Create Form – Allows RPA developers to include forms in workflows that can be presented to end users to review information and input decisions or data into workflows, utilizing WYSIWYG interface design.
These are a few sample templates within this Activities Pack that can be leveraged by using the Add Template button in the Form Designer. In this early preview the templates can be found at > This PC > Documents > UiPath > Activities > Forms > Templates.
Templates available in current build:
Credit Card Order Form
CRM Support Ticket Form
IT Service Ticket
Supplier Invoice Submission Form
How to use
Creating forms using the new Forms activities in Studio.
Demo available here: https://youtu.be/HN4UhnAKN48
- In Activities, expand SYSTEM, and FORMS
- Select and drag CREATE FORM activity into your workflow.
- Click OPEN FORM DESIGNER
- In the Form Designer, browse for and drag components onto your canvas.
a. Each component will require configuration for your workflow, including Display:
b. Data Binding configuration (bind field to a form variable for use in your workflow):
c. Repeat this for each field required in your form.
- Save your form, and integrate the form variables into your workflow.