I am already stuck on the second step. How do I tell my bot to use the correct excel?

I am already stuck on the second step. How do I tell my bot to use the correct excel? It always defers me to the project notebook and I do not know what to do with this.
I bit more intruction would be greatly appreciated, considering this is only week 1 of this course.
Thank you.

OK with more error than trial I think I figured out how to get the bot to use the excel:
For the Use Application DoubleUI you must select [Notes] Number!ReformattedNumber
It than will only enter the number without the currency character.
Do not know if this is correct but it works.
If anyboby has a different solution I would glady take any pointers. :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. I don’t know what to do

Hi Barbara,

I’m not sure if you’ve already gotten an answer to this one, and I hope I am answering what you are asking -

Instead of using Use Application/Browser, there’s a resource and activities for most of the Microsoft Office applications. You can use the “use Excel File” resource… Then you can browse for the Excel file.

Hi Ann,
thank you.
I did use the activity “Use Excel File” but für the Activity “Type Into” I could then not select the excel file but only the notebook.

I was only able to select the correct excel after selecting “[Notes] Number!ReformattedNumber” in the Use Applications Activity fpr DoubleUI under UserArguments. After changing this I was than able to select the correct space within the excel.
But I am not really sure what I did and why I needed to do it in order for the excel to work. :slight_smile:
Maybe you can help me with this?
Thank you
Kind regards, Barbara

Hi Barbara,

So I just noticed something - Looking at the Application Path, your files are still zipped. I believe if you extract them and reference the extracted files instead, then this may resolve the issue.

Also, regarding the Project Notebook, I’ve found that UiPath is automatically creating this Project Notebook.xlsx every time I create a new project, so I believe that should always be an available resource.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Oh, also - I would also recommend moving the project files out of the AppData folder to your Documents folder or some place that you can easily access.

Thank you so so much. That helped a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s fantastic. Happy to help!

1 Like