Creating a bot to check formatting

Hi everyone! New to this community and could really use some help. :slight_smile:

I’ve been tasked to create a bot that checks formatting of a document (googledoc, slides) for consistency in terms of font, size, color, grammar, etc. I’m definitely a novice when it comes to UIPath and not really sure what to do. Has anyone created something similar or have an idea of where to begin? Thank you so much!!

I have created a bot which checks the formatting of a template sheet in Excel, then copies that template format to all other sheets. It uses the Invoke VBA activity to do the heavy lifting. I can share it if you feel it would be useful.

1 Like

That would be super helpful. Thank you so much, really appreciate it!

Here you are. A few points to note:

1. The bot creates working folders in your My Documents folder if it is the first time you have run the bot. Place your workbooks for processing into the Input subfolder of the parent folder created.

2. The bot asks you to either select a sheet as your template, or it defaults to the first sheet of the first workbook.

3. The bot applies the template selected to all sheets in all workbooks you have placed in the Input folder. It will not use a separate template from each workbook in the process run. You should only process files during each run which are all required to be formatted in the same way.

4. If you do not wish to have a certain worksheet in one of the workbooks formatted, prefix the worksheet name with “DNF_”, which stands for Do Not Format. It is then excluded from the formatting step and the bot goes to the next worksheet.

5. The bot makes a copy of your input workbook, and runs the VBA against it, outputting a new file. The original file is not altered, allowing for backup if needed. The bot copies Row and Column widths, text and colour formatting, conditional formatting and any comments to all specified sheets.

Any issues, just DM me. The bot should have rights to create folders and also Macros enabled to allow the VBA to work. It requires Excel to be installed also. There is a user guide too.

REF_ExcelFormatting_Extended.zip (1.0 MB)

1 Like