HTTP Request - API's

Hi Everyone,

I am sharing a topic that will tell you how to use HTTP Request.

HTTP Request Implementation - UiPath

• First of all you need to download UiPath.WebAPI.Activities. Click install and after, click save.

• Now wait a little for download.

• When download finishs, click activities and search HTTP Request. After that start to use it.

• After drag-and-drop or add the activity, this screen pops out. This area is our request part. We have to enter all the properties of the request here.

• In this tutorial, i will show you an API which get list of free API’s. For this, you need to use GET Method. For the endpoint, i wrote the web services endpoint.

• After that, click Ok and check the output of HTTP Request. But before that, we need to define output of the http request activity.

• Now, we can debug the process and see the output. You can see, there are a lot of free API’s in that list.

• But the data is irregular. So for that, i wrote a regex expression.

Regex Pattern:

(?<=API\":\").*?(?=\",\"Description)

• In here, we can get all the API names with this regex pattern. For this example i print number of the API’s and only print first 10 values to the output panel.

• And this is the flow in the UiPath Studio.

I tried to create this topic the simpliest way so everybody can understand. If you like this, i can make more and complex contents. You can download and examine the process i create for this tutorial.

Questions

You can reply the topic or create a new topic and get individual support.

Feedback

You can Click image button to share your thoughts.

Sample Process: 2022.10.zip (157.8 KB)

Regards.
Ömer

6 Likes