HTTP Error 503
The error mentioned comes when there is no response from the server or server is down.
- Either the application pool identity ID password is incorrect / changed or
- the Database account password has expired / incorrect to which connection string is configured
Solution 1 : Verify the Application Pool details & reapply
IIS -> Application Pool -> Advanced settings -> Identity -> Custom Account -> Set Credentials -> Provide Domain\Username & password.
Recycling option of the Application Pool (Right hand side option is available. )
Reboot the server.
How To : Domain\Username
Goto command prompt → whoami.
Below screenshot for reference.
Proceed to solution 2 if solution 1 didn’t resolve the issue.
Solution 2 : Verify if the SQL database password is active or expired by logging to the database with the credentials.
Once password is validated, reapply the password.
Solution Approach :
Once done kindly follow the below approach to apply the settings in Orchestrator.
Open IIS -> Orchestrator website -> Connection Strings
Connection Strings (update the connection )
- Provide the server name , database name , username , password which is used to connect to the same database.
- Follow the same approach for both the connection string.
- Restart the website from IIS.
- If possible, reboot the server.
This will fix the issue. Now launch the Orchestrator
Note: The application pool users to the be included in IIS_IUSRS. (Computer Management -> Local users & Groups -> groups -> add the user)