HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal server Error - Troubleshoot steps

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal server Error

Description

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal server Error

Troubleshooting steps

Resolution:

Solution 1:
If the ASP.NET section is missing in IIS, it would conclude you have not applied the server roles & features yet.
Check all the pre-requisites especially the server roles & features, check the server & roles only which is mentioned in the below link, don’t select everything
Server Roles and Features (Important)

Solution 2:
Could you please check that URL rewrite is downloaded and installed properly .
The same can be verified by going to inetmgr as shown in the screenshot below.

IIS -> Server -> URL Rewrite

If it does not exists, I would request you to please download and install it from the link below.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47337

Solution 3:
Please verify if the StartMode of the application pool is “Always running” and also the service account under which it’s running.

2 Likes

Hi,

is this guide still up to date?

I’m facing a similar issue, altough it’s an http 500.30 Error.

Funnily enough, the ASP.Net section is missing in IIS (but only on the UiPath Orchestrator Site) but I’ve run the script for roles&features (before and after installation) and verified the settings manually.

URL rewrite is installed as well and the application pool settings are fine, too.

Unfortunately there’s no info to be found for my error.

Do you have any tips (apart from reinstalling everything, because I already did that)?

I’m using v2020.10.1 (10.3 doesn’t even install)

Hi TOBI

I encountered the same issue as you, have you found any method to solve this issue?

Thanks.

For anyone who is encountering this issue, I have a fix that might help. I ran into a very similar error when I was installing Process Mining (not Orchestrator). Basically, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the rewrite module.

The error reads:

500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requsted page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
Detailed error information:

Config File \?\D:\processmining\builds\web.config

And it looks like this, except with the text above:

When I followed the instructions for installing process mining, there is a step to install the modules from the extract directory. When I tried to install the rewrite module, it told me that a newer version was already installed. I figured that would be fine, so I continued. When I got to the step of testing the superadmin URL, it came up with that error. After I uninstalled the rewrite module from Add/Remove Programs (in control panel or the windows Settings app), I was able to install the module as instructed. After that, the superadmin page now works.

Hope that helps someone!