How to use wait element vanish

Hi. I’m having problems with wait element vanish. I have an excel that contains data. when I click run to run the data, I use wait element vanish activity and set the time out to about 9000000ms. but when running about 10000ms, the flow is stopped and the error is reported at the wait element vanish step, while my program is still running data by excel’s vba. So am I wrongly set or my selector isn’t right? please help

Hi,

Maybe somebody has a better answer, but we have found activities “wait element appear” and “wait element vanish” to be extremely unreliable. In our company we have opted to use a looped “element exists” instead, and the easiest way to do this is with a retry scope.

So “wait element vanish” would look like this:

And wait element appear would be simpler:

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Andrzej

3 Likes

Thank you very much. Actually, I just learned RPA and actually it’s harder than I thought :smiley:

The beginnings can be quite tough - trying to make something work and failing over and over is frustrating as hell. But if you put you mind (and a significant amount of time) into it, you can get good at RPA pretty quickly.

Don’t give up, do your Academy courses, and seek help in the forums when you get stuck. You’ll get there.

Cheers
Andrzej

1 Like

Please let me ask this. I run the program but since the second time it has switched to running in the background. So, when finished I want to save and close the file by clicking activity. I also tried to close workbook and kill process but it failed. Please show me. Thank you

If you’re using “Excel application scope” then you do not need to do those things with clicks, you can use “Save Workbook” and “Close Workbook”.

And if you cannot see the Excel window then maybe in your Excel Application Scope you have set “visible” property to false?

Cheers
Andrzej

1 Like

oh. thank you so much