How to use excel sheet as template and append the output values in that excel

I want to use one excel sheet as template and need to append the output on the corresponding columns and send that sheet as email attachment daily.

I am unaware of this excel template.

Please help!!!

1 Like

Hi @RachelN

Let me try to understand your question?

• You have an excel that you want to append to another excel
  • If yes, are both excel having the same columns?
1 Like

Hi @RachelN

To understand better, you want to run a particular process and the output of that process should be appended to a existing excel sheet that has a specific format., but you are unaware of what format it contains is it?

Well, you need to get the understanding of the excel and how the data should be inserted to the excel. I dont think it will be possible to add data to a excel without knowing the structure of it… even if we do it manually, we should know the format right?

3 Likes

Thanks @Lahiru.Fernando for your quick response.

I know the template structure of the excel.

1)I read that excel using read range(workbook) and do the process
2)At last am using write range to append the output file, am using the same file and sheet name, but the process is creating a new excel sheet with the same name and the coloring of the template is not coming in the output sheet.

Am just using the template file like config sheet as am unaware of the template using process

2 Likes

Using datatable will not carry forward the coloring of the template!!!

It’s simply storing info not the unique coloring format of the excel!!!

1 Like

yes correct @Shubham_Varshney

But my requirement is to use an excel sheet as template and to append the output data in that template file itself

1 Like

Ohhh do you mean the excel sheet template has all the conditioning on it already?

1 Like

Yes it has all coloring and formulas

1 Like

So you basically need to use it as read range and update the the data in it as required right? Have you tried append range to add new records to the excel? In case you need to update the data, try using the write cell

1 Like

Please find my screenshots.

Excel template file

Uipath code:

Please help. Nothing is writing in the excel sheet

2 Likes

@Lahiru.Fernando
Please tell me how to increase the alphabet from a to z for column wise iteration

1 Like

Ooh! @RachelN I JUST ran into this in another thread!

Also, this snippet is available in UiPath GO that should make it really easy:
https://go.uipath.com/component/excel-index-to-column

2 Likes

Hi @RachelN

You can find different approaches for this over here…

Hope it helps

2 Likes

Hi guess it has been resolved by this post ? @RachelN - Correct me if i am wrong. so you can close this thread.

Regards…!!
Aksh

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.